Finally caved! 23RBS

I finally caved. As a kid, many many years ago, my father would rent a motorhome and we would go on epic road trips in Alberta and the USA. I still remember those long, sometimes boring, road trips with a smile. Well, time has passed. My father passed 25 years ago. I had been thinking for a very long time that I would like to relive those epic road trips and make some new ones as well. I've had those thoughts in the back of my head for a very long time. Well, I'm not getting any younger and I finally decided to make my long desired journey a reality. While a motorhome is beyond my budget, a trailer is not. My spouse and I went looking just to see what was out there in terms of designs. We came across the NT 23 RBS. It was the only one we had seen with an island in it and we were immediately intrigued. We went to look at one (there are not that many of this model around) and immediately felt comfortable in it. We talked and talked about it for many hours. Well, this week I put a deposit on one. I am going to pick it up next week! One of my friends kept trying to say we should look at a bigger one with bunks for the kids. I took this with a grain of salt. Our kids are in university and it is not likely that they will always want to come with us. As such, the consideration of bunks was not something we placed any importance on. This model has a twin bed where the table is and if they really wanted, one could use that and the other an air mattress on the floor. Other than that, this model should be more than comfy for my spouse and I and our two dogs.

Needless to say I'm quite excited. Excited and scared at the same time. There won't be any epic road trips this year. Mostly small ones to learn about the trailer. Next year, however, we are planning a trip to Yellowstone. With many stops along the way!

I would welcome any words of advice.

danemayer

Hi Netguy1999,

Congratulations on taking the leap and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time.

Let me point you to the manuals section of the forum. In addition to manufacturer manuals, we have a collection of owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides. When you're getting started out, everything is mysterious. Taking some time to read some of the guides may make the learning curve a bit easier. You can also get to these resources from the TOOLS tab at the top of the page.

Also, check out the Heartland Owners Club. It's a great way to meet like-minded people and have a great time. The EVENTS tab at top of page lists planned rallies.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new NT and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. Absolutely no reason to be the least bit scared or nervous with this forum at your disposal. A lot of people here have owned a North Trail TT at one time in their lives. Lots of info here and people ready to answer your questions and assist with a problem if it arises. You and your family enjoy that new rig of yours and keep us posted as to your trips and experiences. You should get comfortable with it at your walk thru when they have everything hooked up and working for you. Take a few notes and don't forget about this forum. It's here for you and every other new owner of a Heartland rig. Hope to meet you and the family down the road..Safe travels

RAL6

Congrats on the new trailer! We picked up our 33BKSS a few weeks ago and love it. The forum has been helpful with the few things we have come across. We have 4 college aged boys but opted for the bunkhouse as we also have 4 dogs! Enjoy your new purchase!
Ann

BobHinSC

On April 18, 2016 I bought my 2015 Heartland North Trail 22 RBK. I have been out twice and absolutely LOVE it. Can't wait until I can go full time in the next few months.TT 2.jpg

Congratulations! And great choice. We bought the same model and, as I write this, are enjoying our fourth weekend out with it. The island provides an amazing work space for a trailer this size. Enjoy your new NT - relive those awesome adventures!