2016 Bighorn 3270 fridge mold

nnicole209

Hello. My husband and I bought a 2016 Bighorn 3270 about a year ago. It is our first trailer ever, so we are def still learning.

When we close up our rv after a trip I am unable to leave the fridge open to prevent mold, as the layout does not allow for this. What do others do to prevent mold?

And please, if this question has already been answered, point me towards the post.

danemayer

Hi nnicole209,

We've got a 4 door Dometic unit. I just leave the right-hand doors slightly open - resting against the latch mechanism. It's just enough to allow a bit of air circulation.

mlpeloquin

Clean it with a mild bleach solution and let it dry out. Keep one door cracked open and I keep the freezer doors open when stored.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hello. My husband and I bought a 2016 Bighorn 3270 about a year ago. It is our first trailer ever, so we are def still learning.

When we close up our rv after a trip I am unable to leave the fridge open to prevent mold, as the layout does not allow for this. What do others do to prevent mold?

And please, if this question has already been answered, point me towards the post.

I have a 3270 and with the slides in I can still open the right side fridge door and freezer door and prop them open with a towel. When I greeting ready to pull it out of storage I pulled the towels out and shut the doors lock.
If you don't have the standard fridge and have the residential type and it's not 4 door then you might have a problem.

nnicole209

Thanks for all your responses. We're taking it out next weekend so I'll try all our your guys tricks. Thanks again!

Ldo

Good evening, have a question here. Does the bathroom grey tank have an overflow tube?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rhodies1

No the grey tanks do not have an overflow tube,if you fill them on much it will back up into your sinks,shower and fill your vent pipes going up and out of the roof.

SNOKING

No the grey tanks do not have an overflow tube,if you fill them on much it will back up into your sinks,shower and fill your vent pipes going up and out of the roof.

sinks,shower and out of the roof. Seems the sinks and shower would floor the trailer before anything made it to the roof? Chris

rhodies1

I agree,it should come out the sinks and shower before it came out of the roof vent...BUT they way these things are being thrown together at the factory ,,nothing would surprise me on the snake job of plumbing that is in these units. You don’t need to know much about plumbing to beat the installers at the factory.

SNOKING

I agree,it should come out the sinks and shower before it came out of the roof vent...BUT they way these things are being thrown together at the factory ,,nothing would surprise me on the snake job of plumbing that is in these units. You don’t need to know much about plumbing to beat the installers at the factory.

There is an old saying "stuff runs down hill"!!

wdk450

I have emptied and left my 4 door refrig freezer in storage by rolling up a kitchen towel, inserting the ends into the refrig and freezer enclosures, then securing the doors together with mini-bungee cords to set up secured, slightly open to air, refrig doors. I keep Lysol spray on hand if I feel the need to clean the inside surfaces before/after storage.

BTW, the mini-bungees are great to have around for securing cabinet doors for road travel.