Mounting TV in Big Country 3355RL

scottie43

I just received my 09 Big Country 3355RL yesterday. It did not come with a TV therefore I need to mount one in the spot provided. Has anyone done this? I would assume the TV that comes with this model are mounted on a swivel bracket, but I can not see where there is a spot that is secure enough to mount to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other advise from 3355rl'ers? This is my first 5er!:eek:

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Scottie
I Mounted a 32 in. Sharp in our 3055rl. The Sharp just fit the hole where the other TV came out. Sony and Panasonic were too big by 1/2 to 1 inch. I used a heavyduty wall mount, mounted to the base of the cabinet with 1/2 in plywood under it and through bolted to the bottom of the cabinet.
The mount was a Sanus . http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10088725&catid=23093
You have to tighten thefriction bolts real tight and use the straps to hold it when traveling. The whole mount and TV wieght a lot less then the old TV
Rand

pickuphunt

Television

When I read your thread I assumed you meant the space in the bedroom, if so, this is what I did.
I used a stud finder and located the support (frame), studs, in the wall in the cabinet area. Then I cut a piece of 1/2 plywood large enough to cover the support pieces in the wall. Then I purchased a simple wall mount TV bracket (no arm). I counter sunk the screw heads to the back of the plywood and attached the TV bracket to the plywood. I connected the TV to the bracket and positioned the TV, bracket and all and then marked where the plywood had to be mounted. Took the TV off the bracket, mounted the plywood to the wall at the points I had marked. Re-mounted the TV. Worked for me!