Attaching Pictures....why small in preview

Oregon_Camper

I notice when I attached pictures from my computer to a post, they show up small and users have to hover their mouse over the image to make it larger.

While this is the case for me, I see many other folks adding pictures which are full size.

What am I doing wrong/different?

...here is a sample of an uploaded image, but in a small size.

2015-07-10 18.53.45.jpg

MCTalley

I have my own photo gallery account at Smugmug. When I want to add pictures, I put them there first, get a direct link to each picture and add that to my post on here using the "Add Picture" icon in the editor (the square picture with black dots on the corner). I select the option to add from URL and paste in the address from my photo gallery's share image option.

There are many places that let you upload and display pictures for free. Some are easier than others to actually embed your pictures inline. Others can probably jump in on what they use.

danemayer

I notice when I attached pictures from my computer to a post, they show up small and users have to hover their mouse over the image to make it larger.

While this is the case for me, I see many other folks adding pictures which are full size.

View attachment 45690

After adding the photo, while still in EDIT mode, double-click on the photo. You'll get a menu that allows you to control the size and placement of the photo. Keep in mind that LARGE may be difficult for some viewers to see the entire picture.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When I click on your picture it fills the entire screen of my tablet.
Rather than "attaching" a picture try using the "insert picture" feature.

Peace
Dave

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have been using Tinypic.com to upload my pics. Able to choice various sizes. Not sure if it's the best way. But that's what I've been using for awhile.

Sniper

View attachment 45690
Sorry I can't be of help to your question, but I really like the color combination on your Big Horn. It really looks good! :)

Oregon_Camper

What way did you do it?

I used Dan's recommendation. I clicked on the same icon as always to upload an image. Once it was done uploading, I simply double clicked on the image (still in "add" mode) and it brought up a pop-up window (i used Chrome) that allowed to to pick from a bunch of different options.

Think I'll stick with "medium" for now...large is...well just to large. :)