Landmark Newport 365 Master bath Toilet

dasmoeturhead

Hello all, it's been awhile. While my Newport was having some repair work done at the factory in Elkhart, they replaced the master toilet. Not sure why they just didn't replace the flush valve. Anyway the toilet that they removed was the elongated type. They replaced it with a small round type, and quite frankly I don't fit on those small little things. Anyway I told them to put an elongated type back in, but they said it won't fit. Now the trailer is home, and I'm pretty sure they are not perusing this situation. I know they will send me one, and then I will have to install it, which is fine. The problem is I don't know which model it is. They also replaced the 1/2 bath toilet, with a new elongated type, but it fits, and doesn't hit the wall. Could somebody check the make and model of toilet in the master bath on there Newport, and get back with me. Thanks for any help.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland had a small Dometic 310 I tossed it out and replaced it with the nice big oval Dometic 320 with the sprayer. definitely a improvement. All of the new Landmarks have the 320 in them now.

Cholo

My 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland had a small Dometic 310 I tossed it out and replaced it with the nice big oval Dometic 320 with the sprayer. definitely a improvement. All of the new Landmarks have the 320 in them now.

I did a little research on the toilet issue and posted a similar question in the Landmark Prospective Owners part of this forum. Looks like Heartland is now putting the nice elongated Dometic toilet in most of the models except the Newport and Arlington, (front bath). Reason is fit. I do not have my Landmark yet but, while looking at a few in person and on the internet, I noticed the issue. I'm hoping I can make a model 320 fit. Hope this helps and anybody with any ideas please chime in.

ksucats

Duane: Yep - doesn't fit. I just did a quick search and couldn't find the post but it came up some time ago. Seems that the distance from the toilet flange to the wall is not wide (long, deep, whatever the correct term is) enough to fit the model with the elongated bowl. I don't know if it is Dometic or Thetford but, as I recall, the issue was described as being two different brands. Wish I could find it but I'm sure someone will.

Just found the post: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53695-Bighorn-Dometic-320?highlight=Elongated+toilet+bowl

Last edited: