EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippendale

Ed and Susan Potts, Derald and Sue Keetch and I are hunkered down at the Fort Stockton RV Park tonight with the wind about to blow us away. I have never experienced wind like this before in an RV. Have closed both of the main slides to stop the slide covers from making so much noise and it has stopped the rocking a bunch. The forecast is for more heavy wind from the south east tomorrow and of course, we are all going to be heading into the wind, lucky us. Diesel is selling here at $2.759 per gallon, makes that $2.569 per gallon in Ruidoso look pretty good.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
George:
I had those winds coming home yesterday...wow are they tough on the MPG....
Be safe and hope you guys make it home okay.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ed and Susan Potts, Derald and Sue Keetch and I are hunkered down at the Fort Stockton RV Park tonight with the wind about to blow us away. I have never experienced wind like this before in an RV. Have closed both of the main slides to stop the slide covers from making so much noise and it has stopped the rocking a bunch. The forecast is for more heavy wind from the south east tomorrow and of course, we are all going to be heading into the wind, lucky us. Diesel is selling here at $2.759 per gallon, makes that $2.569 per gallon in Ruidoso look pretty good.

It always seems to work that way when we travel out west. -- head or crosswind going out AND going home.

Travel safe!!

danemayer

Denver and surrounding areas got some pretty serious hail today. The storm system is probably working it's way through to Oklahoma and Texas.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Wow, I hope the weather doesn't cause any problems for any of you! I miss spending time with all of you. Be safe out there!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Denver and surrounding areas got some pretty serious hail today. The storm system is probably working it's way through to Oklahoma and Texas.

We rolled through downtown Denver on our way home from Alto about 15 minutes before the storm hit and missed golf ball sized hail there.

We pulled up in front of the house and ran the cats inside the house just as the wind and rain began, jumped in the 2500HD and drove around the block to get the right angle, then stuffed the Prowler in the side yard just as the hail started:

ProwlerHomeFromAlto2017-P5080769.jpg ProwlerHomeFromAlto2017sm-P5080777.jpg ProwlerHomeFromAlto2017-P5080779.jpg

As I made that drive around the block a reporter on 850 KOA (The Blow Torch) was stuck in stopped traffic on I-25 & Alameda (where we had just been just 15 minutes earlier) as his windshield was shattered by hail.

I got pelted by 1/2 marble sized hail and was pretty wet as I made the short run to the front door.

Hailed for about 20 minutes, then downpoured for close to an hour, so most of the hail was melted by the time I took these shots.

Anyway . . . an eventful end to our Alto trip, but we made it home with no problems and no hail dings!

Plus . . . free truck and trailer wash!

Hope everyone has safe travels!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are going to stay in Santa Fe today and wait for the storms to move East. Severe storms are predicted along the I-25 corridor all the way to Colorado Springs today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are going to stay in Santa Fe today and wait for the storms to move East. Severe storms are predicted along the I-25 corridor all the way to Colorado Springs today.

The storm is supposed to hit a little south and east of Denver this afternoon.

Possum51

Pat and I had a wonderful time at your rally. What fun!! We appreciate all your hard work! You really did a great job!! We look forward to another rally of yours!

Rockin_Dollar_B

We rolled through downtown Denver on our way home from Alto about 15 minutes before the storm hit and missed golf ball sized hail there.

We pulled up in front of the house and ran the cats inside the house just as the wind and rain began, jumped in the 2500HD and drove around the block to get the right angle, then stuffed the Prowler in the side yard just as the hail started:

View attachment 51547 View attachment 51546 View attachment 51545

As I made that drive around the block a reporter on 850 KOA (The Blow Torch) was stuck in stopped traffic on I-25 & Alameda (where we had just been just 15 minutes earlier) as his windshield was shattered by hail.

I got pelted by 1/2 marble sized hail and was pretty wet as I made the short run to the front door.

Hailed for about 20 minutes, then downpoured for close to an hour, so most of the hail was melted by the time I took these shots.

Anyway . . . an eventful end to our Alto trip, but we made it home with no problems and no hail dings!

Plus . . . free truck and trailer wash!

Hope everyone has safe travels!
Wow, so glad there was no damage and you are home, safe and sound. We will meet again, Happy trails!

Rockin_Dollar_B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stay tuned to weather, we had a tornado spotted on the east side of NM. We pray for your safety.

dykesj11

Sorry to hear about all the weather. Hope all are safe. We are at Dave and Kathy's house. Little rain but otherwise good.

Howard/Shelley - great job. Really enjoyed our first Heartland rally. Will y'all be putting pix up here?

'Lil Guy'

Don't know where to start. Howard and Shelly, my hats off for a great rally and for a 1st one, it certainly exceeded my expectations. You two are naturals for the chapter leader position. Again, what a great time. If someone didn't have a great time, it was there own fault. You two certainly went way out of your way for a great rally. Hope to see you again at another of your functions.
Some other of the chapter leaders should take heed to the way you make everyone feel at home by dispersing your time among the group, both at the hall and around the park. This has been one of the most personable rallies I've been to.
Again, congrats on the success of your 1st rally and will see you again. Later and have a great day.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We finally made it home this PM. We waited in Santa Fe yesterday for the severe thunderstorms and tornados to move out of the NE part of New Mexico. We had small hail in Santa Fe yesterday but no problems.

Howard and Shelley put on a first class rally enjoyed by all. THANK YOU! They went above and beyond making everyone feel at home and over feeding us. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. The Alto area is perfect for a New Mexico & Mountain Region rally as it is a great location in the mountains.

Safe travels to all heading to Goshen and other points.

Rockin_Dollar_B

Thank you all for all the kind words. We had a great time putting it together. You are a fantastic group of folks, in fact we have never run into any RVer's that were not super special. We are certainly happy to hear all are safe at their destinations. Howard has posted a load of pictures on the "New Mexico Chapter, Heartland Owners Club." Let me know if you have trouble finding it. I think you have to request to be added but no one is excluded!

Rockin_Dollar_B

Don't know where to start. Howard and Shelly, my hats off for a great rally and for a 1st one, it certainly exceeded my expectations. You two are naturals for the chapter leader position. Again, what a great time. If someone didn't have a great time, it was there own fault. You two certainly went way out of your way for a great rally. Hope to see you again at another of your functions.
Some other of the chapter leaders should take heed to the way you make everyone feel at home by dispersing your time among the group, both at the hall and around the park. This has been one of the most personable rallies I've been to.
Again, congrats on the success of your 1st rally and will see you again. Later and have a great day.
Frank, thank you for the kinds words! Shelley and I have to take our hats off to you. You made the rally fun with your engaging posts here on the forum, getting folks fired up with the BREAKFAST EXTRAVAGANA and for your OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION of Margaritaville! We had a blast and certainly enjoyed your engaging wit, Debbie's charm and both of your hospitality - you were the icing on the cake! Looking forward to our next rally and hoping you will be there! Bless you both and hope to see you soon.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Howard:
Great job! Pic's are super...thanks for posting them on the Heartland Forum for all HOC members to observe!

Status
Not open for further replies.