Trailer tilting to one side

Djknick

I have a 2013 37QB and it leans to one side. When the slides are in it is level side to side. When I put the slides out it leans to the side with the three slides. The repair guy I have been working with thinks it is perhaps too heavy with three slides on one side. Has anyone experienced this? Are there suggestions for trouble shooting? We have checked the hydraulics and jack legs and they seem to be fine.

When you put it up on the front legs, it goes up pretty evenly, but when you lower it then it tilts. When it sits for a while it tilts too and gets worse, especially if I have a tripod under the hitch for stability.

If this is a weight issue, I am looking for solutions. We don't have a lot of weight on that side but maybe the slides are just too heavy?

My only other idea is that the suspension is weak on that side.

Also, any suggestions for jacking it up on jack stands? Could I just jack up the lagging side?

Thanks,

Dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rather than just jacking it up, before extending the slides try to put your jack under the frame when the trailer is level.
It should stay level when the slides go out.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That sounds normal to me. You have 3 slides on one side that it a lot of weight sticking out one side. Its nothing to worry about. What I use to do before Level-Up is start out leaning the opposite direction an inch or so, to offset the lean when the slides come out. Now the new rig with level up doesn't budge. :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Its normal. We have the same issue with just 2 slides on one side. I compensate with either with legos or 6' pieces of cedar fence boards under the tires before un-hooking.

dlw930

Tilting is normal, but make sure the weight on the slides doesn't overload the tires or axles. Invariably, one side is heavier than the other, usually the side with the fridge and kitchen storage. This is independent of whether the slides are in or out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even with the four jack Ground Control system, I first level once it's off the hitch, then tweak it when the slides are out. Then I'll drop the rear stabilizers. I also have three slides on one side, including the large kitchen slide. I don't use boards under the tires, though.