Bones Gateway 3650BH

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In an effort to equalize my tires I bought the Corssfire system and installed them. As of now I have a vibration issue above 60 MPH. I'm not sure if it is them causing it but I suspect them as being the cause. I have moved them inward a little but not much and some vibration has gone away but not all.

View attachment 48420View attachment 48421

After I moved them inward a bit.

View attachment 48422View attachment 48423

I'm not quite sure what to try next. The brackets are heavy so That could be it or it could be the units themselves. I haven't be able to find too much about this issue online. I may unfortunately have to mount them to my axle bolts but was hoping to not have to do that.

You might have to get the wheels rebalanced . . .

Bones

OK update. I moved the Crossfires to the axle hub. I took it out for a quick run to Home-depot and everything seems to be a lot better. I think that the bracket and unit was large enough to cause an inbalance. I will keep running it this week.

1104161643b.jpg1104161710.jpg
Here I am picking a spot on the axle hub and the heavy brackets
1104161643a.jpg1104161659a.jpg
The new bracket. I used a thin piece of aluminium so I wouldn't take away from the axle hub's bolt grab

1104161711a.jpg1104161711.jpg
I mounted the bracket. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week. I have some stainless steel which may work better in the long run and I can fine tune the look of the bracket.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Good job Dave I think you've fixed it.
You can see how little the weights are that the stick on the rims to balance your tires. That setup is big and has a lot of weight to throw everything off. I think you've got it under control now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bones

Good job Dave I think you've fixed it.
You can see how little the weights are that the stick on the rims to balance your tires. That setup is big and has a lot of weight to throw everything off. I think you've got it under control now.

thanks and you got it Jerrod about the weights. I'm thinking about finding myself a nut stud bolt. Who knows if I am saying that right. That way if I need to take the wheels off I don't need to always take the bolt out.

Bones

Update to my indicator light. I drove to Flordia and in the bright sun I could not see my indicator light. Jim B already did this mod so he recommended I get this light. One that he uses.

0117172157a.jpg
Here is the link from Ebay and if Amazon has it in stock again Link

Since I had a hole from the old one I used a step drill to make the hole a bit larger. It also gave me an excuse to purchase a new tool that I didn't have.

0121170852a.jpg
Drilling the hole larger
0121170858.jpg
What the new light looks like

0121170858a.jpg0705161726a.jpg
New light vs the old light.

I think I'm going to be a lot happier with this indicator light.

I must give Jim B credit for this mod as it was his. Below are the two links from his updates. He has done a very nice work up of the mod on the original.

Jim's Update on the light saved his food Link

Jim's original mod Link

Bones

Well update to my refrigerator mod light. On my way to the PA rally this past weekend my light was burning bright and then gave up the fight. When I arrived I borrowed a volt meter to test the transformer voltage because the light was barley glowing on a few cells and I figured the transformer gave out. It turns out that the transformer was still working but was pumping out over 17 volts of juice so I am figuring that the light suffered from over voltage. I just ordered a new light and I have another transformer so when the new parts arrive I'll post what I do.

Bones

Always something.
Dave might need a smaller transformer :/

The one I had was originally rated for 12 volts and was putting out 12 volts. I think the transformer went bad. I found a transformer for the led lights that takes 120V to 12VDC so I am going to try that. I think it should definitely be able to handle the little light without an issue.

Bones

I have been a bit busy with the girls play room house duties and trying to squeeze camping in with all of that, oh and a job that lets me go camping. But on to it. I changed power transformers after the last mishap with my refrigerator light and I had to wait for a new marker light to come in the mail. The pictures show what I did and the new transformer I used. Hopefully this one holds up a lot better than the cheap last one. By cheap I mean I found it in a pile of stuff I was keeping around for some reason.

IMG_20170525_173941.jpgIMG_20170525_173925.jpgIMG_20170525_173931.jpg

I must add that it is a good feeling to look in your side view mirror and see the light on while you are on a trip.

Here are a few other things I did as a result of suggestions and recommendations here on the forum.

I added a TPMS system

IMG_20170526_125908.jpgIMG_20170526_125916.jpg

It is by Bellacorp and was around 200 bucks. I will see how well it works in time. So far so good for a 4 hour trip last weekend to the beach.

During that trip I noticed the plastic strap that holds the power for one of my slides had broken. I used a quick hinge that I had in my tool box to fix it. This came from the forum as well. I will have to see how weather treats it, if I need to spend more money for one that may not rust with weather.

IMG_20170531_200102.jpgIMG_20170531_201011.jpgIMG_20170531_201016.jpgIMG_20170531_201622.jpgIMG_20170531_202200.jpg

While finishing up the camper I pulled one of my propane tanks and noticed one of my propane lines had a bubble in it around the fitting. It is possible this could have been here for a little while before I noticed it or it just recently failed. I am hoping I can find a replacement before my Goshen Trip. It might stink to have no gas. Ha.

IMG_20170531_162026.jpgIMG_20170531_154447.jpgIMG_20170531_162034.jpg

I put some tape on the main line fitting so bugs don't get into the line while I look for a replacement hose.

I think that will do it for now. Ciao.

I must say that the forum has tons of wonderful info and people willing to help.

TikiDawg

Whatever gets the job done. And it was "free". You're right on with that peace of mind on the light. Even caught myself a quarter mile after leaving and forgot to turn on the inverter. No light = Pulled over and turn on the inverter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bones

Whatever gets the job done. And it was "free". You're right on with that peace of mind on the light. Even caught myself a quarter mile after leaving and forgot to turn on the inverter. No light = Pulled over and turn on the inverter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That is definitely a good catch

Bones

Dave it's about time you got your priorities straight and got back to work on the RV...
Good job

Thanks. I think the RV will keep getting pushed unless something breaks or I get a bit more time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bones . . . I may steal your idea for the slide wiring harness.

Ours was messed up when it was in for warranty service and it finally gave up the ghost and that aluminum bracket that is supposed to keep it in place broke off.

I tried to reattach it the other night, but it didn't want to cooperate, so for now a bungee cord will get us through the Ft. Collin's HOC Rally (which starts today).

Bones

Bones . . . I may steal your idea for the slide wiring harness.

Ours was messed up when it was in for warranty service and it finally gave up the ghost and that aluminum bracket that is supposed to keep it in place broke off.

I tried to reattach it the other night, but it didn't want to cooperate, so for now a bungee cord will get us through the Ft. Collin's HOC Rally (which starts today).

Go right ahead.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Did the hinge replacement thing on the previous rig!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk