ATF: Landmark - Ashland Pantry Overhead Light

AlwaysOnLiberty

We have a 2016 Ashland that has the pantry (top half deep shelves and bottom half pullout drawers) next to the refrigerator (one of the big reasons why we bought it! I LOVE our pantry!). Can someone please tell us why a light with the on/off switch 'on the light' that's mounted on the ceiling instead of the on/off switch being mounted inside on the wall where we could reach it? While I'm more vertically challenged at 5'4" tall, the two step folding stool isn't ample enough for even Larry Bird to step on to get 'up into' the pantry to turn on and off the light...and really, for what purpose is the light for other than to light up the very top shelf?

In other words, the light fixture is a waste of money and man hour time of installing it. Its worthless. I've installed battery operated puck lights under each shelf to light up the shelf below.

jbeletti

Dan and Lisa - the absence of an external, well located switch for that light was a design oversight. While the Ashland is no longer in production, I believe that oversight may have been corrected in production later than when yours and mine were produced. My top most shelf is full depth, so I found the light to be ineffective up there, regardless of the switch issue.

We store over-stock paper goods up top. More recently, I added 18" LED light strips below the bottom 2 shelves. These now illuminate very well, the 2 shelves we access daily.

Here's a link to my mod.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

AlwaysOnLiberty

Thank you Jim and Jerrod for your responses. Sorry it took us so long to reply; we were in Idaho with no internet or cell coverage. It was our first time really experiencing the ramifications of living 'off the grid' so to speak.

Jerrod, we are interested in seeing your setup on this. Will you be at the National Heartland Owners' Rally in Las Vegas this year? If so, let's share.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes Rhonda and I will be there. We will be doing open house tour on Tuesday afternoon for all to see anything they want to see. And I'm glad to show and tell anytime during the week if we're hanging out there.
We will also be in Jackson the next week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk