Towel racks or TP holder in toilet area

resqguy

While packing up our new (to us) 2006 3600rl my wife discovered that there were no towel racks or TP holder in the toilet room. It looks like there are some patched holes on the wall that the PO could have installed something and then removed it.

Are Bighorns supposed to have a towel rack and TP holder in the toitel room?

jbeletti

On first-time, new deliveries, most units come with TP holder, soap dish and toothbrush holder. They are shipped loose so that the first owner can install them in the exact spot that is a best-fit for them.

Many owners discard the factory supplied items and buy their own. We just purchased a set of Moen product from Bed Bath and Beyond. Mounted the TP holder, a robe hook and 2 towel bars where we wanted them. Great product, great installation hardware.

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Our 2008 didn't come with them, unless you count the little package of a plastic non-matching paper holder and soap dish supplied with them. If you do search on here you'll find most of us went with something different. We mounted a towel bar on the bottom of the shelf over the toilet and use a free-standing paper holder. Others have mounted different styles. Most of us have found replacements at either Wal-mart or Home Depot. If you choose to use the bottom of the shelf, you'll have to cut a standard towel bar down a couple inches.
Hope this helps :)

Shadowchek

I found a set at home depot. Towel rack towel loop and tp holder that match our wood for 10 dollars.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I found a set that matched the wood in our 3670RL at Wal Mart. Towel bar, towel ring, coat hook and TP holder for about 10 dollars also.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We also tossed the supplied fixtures and went with some oil rubbed bronze ones we found on our travels. We put one towel rack on the door, one below the shelf above the toilet and use a stand toilet paper holder. Hope that helps,,, Lizzy

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Like everyone else we tossed the stuff that came with our 3600RL. Put an "over the door" towel rack with three bars for towels in the stool room.

We found a bronze colored toilet paper holder at Lowe's. We got the kind that has a "half ring" that hangs from a disc about the size of a golf ball. This only needs one spot to screw it to. In the 3600, if you check the wall directly in front of the toilet, you'll find a stud in the center of the wall. The toilet paper hanger is screwed to that, and not needing a second place to screw to, makes it very strong and durable.

The standard TP hanger with two ends to attach to wall doesn't work well with these thin Luan walls.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Ours came with ones we could put up if we wanted to, but we decided not to screw into the walls. We bought a rack that goes over the door to hold our towels and a free standing TP holder.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Our 3055 had them but we to did not want to put holes in the wall we went to bed & bath and got ours they have alot to choose from.:)--Kathy

Shadowchek

I was afraid to hang something on the door thought it would scratch it during travel. I have one like that at home that scratched the door.

cjbearden

Visitor
We used two plastic over-the-door hangers on our BH 3400RL and never had a problem with sliding or scratching the door and we kept a towel hanging on each hook as we traveled. We kept toilet paper in floor rack (Home Depot). We bought a standing t.p. holder for the new Augusta to go with the extra tp rolls in the floor rack. Haven't determined what we can do to hang towels as the Augusta has two pocket doors so cannot use the hangers. DH thinks we can place the hooks over the top rail of the shower but don't know yet if that would interfere with opening cabinet doors in bathroom. Once we decide what to do with towels in Augusta, I will post our solution. There are some nice floor standing racks at Bed, Bath & Beyond that we maytry.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We keep the towel rack from scratching the door by putting little pieces of felt on the parts of the rack that touch the door. Clear silicone would work too and probably stick better.
Kristy

pickuphunt

We have a free standing holder, actually it is a round container that holds 2-3 rolls of toilet paper and the cover has a round ball for open the cover. A roll of toilet paper sits on top. WFM (Works For Me) We could see no reason to have towels 'toilet room'.

Handy

A Florida camper
I put a shower curtain rod across the outside wall. You can get them a size that will fit small and large openings. It works good and you don’t have to put any holes in the walls.

N9MB

We opted not to use the ones that came with the rig and instead went with an over the door towel rack and a free standing TP holder.