2008 Sundance 2900 Rear cap coming lose from side of trailer

I purchased the trailer used about a year ago and used it about three time last year. This year we took it on a three week trip. When I got home and washed the trailer I found the left rear corner of the trailer was separating the rear from the side. Still tight up high but completely separated at the bottom. It is in the shop now but I have not heard if they can fix it or not and what it will take to make it good again. Anyone had this problem. I have some pictures.
Thanks

jimtoo

Hi rileysboss,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Let us know what the problem or cure is for your rear cap.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

I purchased the trailer used about a year ago and used it about three time last year. This year we took it on a three week trip. When I got home and washed the trailer I found the left rear corner of the trailer was separating the rear from the side. Still tight up high but completely separated at the bottom. It is in the shop now but I have not heard if they can fix it or not and what it will take to make it good again. Anyone had this problem. I have some pictures.
Thanks
Hi rileysboss,

The difficulty with a 7 or 8 year old trailer purchased recently is that there's no way to really know about the maintenance history and what might have happened before you purchased.

It could be that the prior owner(s) didn't maintain the caulking, leading to wood damage inside. If that's happened, the shop will have a repair that is doable, but will be more than just screwing things back together.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Dan said. Same thing happened to friend of mine. He had to remove the whole rear panel, replace all the rotted wood and reassemble it. Caulking inspection and repair is a required every 3-4 months.