How about a Landmark with a Garage???

Tom of Ypsi

Glendale RV has the door side screened deck patio and also shows a smart car being loaded into the garage area. I do not know of any other toyhauler like this one and am a bit surprised no other manufacturer has jumped on this.

deanna

Mark, you are thinking of New Paris, Ohio. If you know where Kiser Lake State Park is we are a few miles from there.
Deanna

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
OK, Lance - I can see we are still treated like the evil step-children! :D I'm driving right now, but I'll edit this post when I get back to my Cyclone! Hang in there, Buddy! :)

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Don and I looked very seriously at the Alfa Toyhouse. The layout was excellent for us. We absolutely loved the toy area with the rear french doors and big side window. We also loved the bedroom layout with the huge window in the front. The major drawback was the floor A/C. From what we could find out it was giving them big problems so it moved off of our short list, Alfa had some great ideas and some that were not so great, and apparently some that were not so profitable either.

For those of you who may not be familiar with the Toyhouse, here's a link to an old brochure.
http://www.geweke.com/ou/lodi-recreational/images/gewekePDFS/alfa_toy_2006.pdf

Sheri

Last edited:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
LUXURY with ATTITUDE!

Sorry to leave you standing all alone and make you feel like you were getting beat up on, Lance...but I know you're used to it by now! :)

Like I mentioned at the Rally, I LOVE MY CYCLONE!! It's like the best of both worlds! Like the attached Heartland brochure states on the front cover - LUXURY with ATTITUDE!

It has everything I spent years wanting and the past year looking for. A separate garage for my bike to be kept inside and still have room to live, without having to move the table or bed to park it. This was a must, the Harley goes with us! Another year or so and Rene'e will join me fulltiming and this has everything needed to accomodate us both. Yes, the graphics are a bit more 'racey' than one would expect on a 'high end' rig, but just step inside! It never fails, everywhere I go, people are curious and want to see inside, and they are amazed - as was I. Also, a 12' garage coupled with the 1/2 bath on one side and the W/D & beverage cooler on the other, you sacrifice additional living space, but the exterior length is over 42'! There is storage everywhere, room enough to sleep 9-10 people and it IS a Heartland! Having 90 gallons black, 135 gray and 110 fresh is nice, too! 7000# axles would've been nice! Who knows, I might get a Landmark w/a garage a few years on down the road? I would definitely check them out when the time comes - I'm just not through breaking this one in yet! :)

In the attached pdf file, my Cyclone is exactly like the one in the photos on pages 1, 4, 5, 6, 9 and the garage photos on 8.

In the excel file, I have listed the features I have on my rig. Everything came from the factory except the items I highlighted.

Oh yeah...lest anyone forgets - I LOVE MY CYCLONE!! :D:cool: See ya around!

Attachments

• 2009 Cyclone.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 3950 Features.xls
    38.5 KB · Views: 20

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Whoa...calm down there htneighbors...no one is saying that the Cyclone isn't a great unit. However, there are those of us who want the convenience of the gargage/cargo WITHOUT the "attitude" that the Cyclone has! If you look at the link I put in my original post it shows the Escalade Sportster...that is the type of interior living space that myself and others are looking for. The interior of the Cyclone, although much more upscale than most other toyhaulers, is still not without the "racing" look and attitude.

I guess what I'm saying is that when you walk inside the living area, I don't want ANY indication of it actually being a "toyhauler". In addition, we don't have the need or every want to have 9-10 people sleeping in our RV...so we don't want the loft, etc. We just want the extra space to carry a car.

We actually saw your Cyclone at the rally, and it was great...just not what we want.

rvv

We had looked at toyhaulers semi-seriously for several months. Despite the length of some of them, all the units we toured seemed cramped. The first time we stepped into the Cyclone, neither of us said it, but we both knew we had found what we were looking for. It was the first unit we had seen with opposing slides in the living area and felt OPEN! I have not looked at every floorplan from every manufacturer, but it appears that Cyclone is still one of the few to offer this feature. I hope that Heartland retains the opposing slides feature when they build their Landmark "smallcarhauler." rvv
P.S. HT, you're gonna get us reprimanded! :D

jpmorgan37

I was talking to a fellow camper that full times in SOB, and he was describing what his dream RV would be. After going through our "Classic" and telling him what our idea was, his reply was, "that's it, to a 'T' ". I still hope it's on the drawing board somewhere.

John

bigredtruck

We also love our Cyclone but can see down the road (when the kids are grown up) wanting something a little nicer, although the Cyclone 3950 looks do-able. We love the garage for carrying all of our stuff.

flamingknitter

Just went RV looking with my BIL and his wife. They are in the market for a 5er with a garage just big enough for his Goldwing. At this point, the best they have found is the Raptor with a half garage. In our search we found an A class FRED (front end diesel) that had an area just big enough for the bike with the windshield removed where the engine would have been in a pusher. We also found a whole bunch of SOB toyhaulers. Most of them had the name of the rig on the trim around the windows and on the throw pillows!!! Can you spell tacky? And way too much space devoted to sleeping a whole bunch of people.

The problem with the toyhaulers is that they haul toys and a lot of people so a lot of space is devoted to sleeping areas. I really want my family to be able to buy a Heartland. I am hoping that this is a niche that Heartland can fill - a 5er for people with a bike or something else small that is classy and only sleeps 2 or 4. How does Heartland determine interest? How much interest do you need before you try a new line?

Marybeth

truknutt

Committed Member
Just went RV looking with my BIL and his wife. They are in the market for a 5er with a garage just big enough for his Goldwing. I really want my family to be able to buy a Heartland. I am hoping that this is a niche that Heartland can fill - a 5er for people with a bike or something else small that is classy and only sleeps 2 or 4.
Marybeth

Have you considered the Sundance 3300RC?

lrmike

Let me chime in on the 3300RC as we absolutley LOVE ours. The side load garage is large enough for our golf cart, plus when unloaded it doesn't feel like a garage as there is no diamond plate or black floors. Our Super Slide makes the living space really livable. One of things that appealed to us was the 'adult' image of the 5er, no racing stripes and neon lights but a well equipped RV that is very easy to live in. Solid surface counters and solid wood cabinets really make it stand out. The garage being a separate room is also great as I don't have to live with the cart in the living room plus we often use the side load ramp like a porch when set up. Extra features like the full size shower and docking center for the utilities are something I'm not sure I want to live without now!
We could easily haul a full size motorcycle with more room to spare than the cart, and with almost 5000lbs of hauling capacity I doubt I'll ever reach the limit (I hope not!)

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
The Landmark with a garage is called a Sunnybrook 391K SURVNone

We traded ours in for the 3950 and have no regrets so far.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It might be easier to dress up a Cyclone to Landmark standards than it is to add a garage to an existing Landmark. Just a thought for the group at heartland.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
...a 5er for people with a bike or something else small that is classy and only sleeps 2 or 4...

This is exactly what we are looking for. Keep the desk in the living room. Be sure to keep the 5er GVWR under 16,500. When will Heartland be producing this??????

sasha_j

Be sure to keep the 5er GVWR under 16,500.

I'm not sure how a future Landmark with a garage and ramp could have a GVWR > 16,500. I would think it would have to be 18K or more.

Current Landmarks run from 16,200 to 16,550 GVWR. And they are without the garage and structural upgrades needed to support the added weight of toys in rear.

Someone from Heartland feel free to chime in here, but I do not see how to get Landmark quality AND a garage without exceeding 16,550 GVWR. Most high-end TH's like the Newmar X-AIRE and Monaco Next Level are 21-22K GVWR. Heavy is the word here.

jbeletti

I'm not sure how a future Landmark with a garage and ramp could have a GVWR > 16,500. I would think it would have to be 18K or more.

Current Landmarks run from 16,200 to 16,550 GVWR. And they are without the garage and structural upgrades needed to support the added weight of toys in rear.

Someone from Heartland feel free to chime in here, but I do not see how to get Landmark quality AND a garage without exceeding 16,550 GVWR. Most high-end TH's like the Newmar X-AIRE and Monaco Next Level are 21-22K GVWR. Heavy is the word here.

My guess is that you won't. Built to hold some significant weight of a vehicle of some sort and the unit will likely be engineered for a higher GVWR. That said - I am not an engineer - only taking a guess. Not planning to ask the plant this question as this floor plan is not under current consideration.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Escalade Sportster is just what the doctor ordered. The Landmark with a garage. Check it out Heartland. There must be a niche out there if KZ is making it.