Leaving to pick up new Augusta

beardedone

Beardedone
Well our new Augusta is in. So with the trusty checklist I downloaded off the site we going to pick it up and take a vacation through the Okanagan while in Kelowna. We are very excited and looking forward to it especially since we have just finished a horrible week for us here and we need a rest. I will be posting my experience when I get back.

cjbearden

Visitor
Good Luck on the maiden voyage with your new Augusta. We pick up our new Augusta on the 20th and leave beautiful Colorado to head South for some appointments. Happy and Safe Travels.:D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
SWEEEEEET:D

See, ya didn't need me to deliver after all.... Good thing because I'm in Nova Scotia over 3000 miles away right now.

Enjoy the Okanagan, beautiful country there.

Have a safe trip. Mike

theharveys

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the new Augusta. I am sure you will love it. We certainly do love ours. Being familiar with the Kelowna, Okanagan area, (we actually honeymooned in Vernon, BC), we are envious of your maiden trip.
We are going to BC for a vacation to visit my wife's relatives in Kamloops this year...unfortuantely, we have to fly up as my company will not give me a month off :mad: so I could tow the trailer up there and really enjoy my vacation.
Oh well, have a great trip.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well we are home now. Spent 5 nights in the Augusta. It is going to take a little while to get used to it. What a huge job moving everything from the old trailer into the new one. While we were doing it some people wanted to look at out trade in. What a zoo. Hint: never pick up a trailer on a Saturday. Spent some time visiting relatives in the Okanagan and headed home. Nothing but mountains for 800 kms. The truck hauled it like nothing. The exhaust brake worked beautifully and the electronic shift control was wonderful for manual shifting. With the Dodge 3500 dually we got 11.8 mpg and 11.4 mpg (Canadian gallons) on the two tanks it took to get home. Still have lots of organizing to do but we love the space. A few things have to be fixed but nothing that can't be done easily. Overall it looks like it is going to be a great unit.

jnbhobe

Congratulations on the new Landmark you will enjoy it I know. It just takes a while to work out the bugs.