Prowler 29P-RKS

fyre22

We just brought home a new Prowler 29P-RKS. The dealer can't help me can you mount a Television in the TV cubby hole, there are no indicators of a mounting plate nor is there any indicators for mounting in the bedroom. There is a cable outlet in the bedroom but nothing indicating reinforcement behind the walls.

jimtoo

Hi fyre22,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other Prowler owners will jump in with some info for you soon. You might use a stud finder to locate the backing board also. If your not comfortable with what you find I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. They maybe will email you a drawing or location of the backer.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi fyre22,

Congratulations on the new Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I expect another Prowler owner will be able to give you some advice shortly.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Start in the middle of the entertainment center and press in with your thumbs . . . it should feel solid.

Then slowly move out from the center to find the edges . . . then up and down to find the top and bottom of the backer plate.

I have a swivel mount for our TV (plan to put a bigger TV in there soon) and I have it bolted dead center of the entertainment center of our Prowler:

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

fyre22

Hi fyre22,

Congratulations on the new Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I expect another Prowler owner will be able to give you some advice shortly.
Thanks for the nice words. I think I will take a look it this weekend

CKFX

We have a 2015 29P RKS and I have mounted a 40" flat screen in the entertainment space for a TV, NOT the bedroom. Following the above advice for pressing to feel stiffness in the trim panel showing factory backer, I then screwed a 1/2" piece of plywood that was twice the TV wall mounting plate in width and height, and then screwed the mounting plate female receiver to this. My hardest problem was measuring the install height of the female receiver plate to correctly center the TV within the box opening.

Have over 4000 miles with this and no shift or looseness to the TV, combined on highway and back country dirt roads, as our trailer is base camp for horse showing.

My use of the extra plywood is probably overkill, but I'm a belt and suspenders type.

Fx