Hello from Washington State

LCowan

After looking at a lot of used and new travel trailers, we finally decided on a 2011 North Trail 24RBS (have not heard of this brand until recently). The trailer looks in really nice shape and we really like the floor plan and the size for towing. After we filled out some paperwork and got approved for the loan, we went back out to the trailer and looked through it again and found behind the couch on the floor there was evidence of it getting wet at one time. It was dry now and nothing looked warped. We then looked in every cabinet and every corner, but couldn't see any evidence of a leak anywhere. Do we need to be worried? We just got rid of a trailer that had leak issues and we don't want to jump into something with the same issues. Any input on this trailer would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello LCowan and welcome to this great forum. Hope to see you in a Heartland product.
If there is evidence of a water leak but there is no odor of rotted wood it is likely that the leak has been identified and fixed.
Being a 2011 I would strongly consider recaulking the entire rig.

Peace
Dave

LCowan

Thank You Dave. We have actually talked about recaulking the entire thing since we can see spots of caulking that look pretty dry.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome from the Oregon group. Right now there is a rally at Anacortes about to get underway. Good luck and we hope to see you as a member someday.
Kristy

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If the couch is in the slide out. I would suggest checking the roof seam along the top outside edge of the slide out along the rubber roof of the slide and the lip of the slide.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the forum! I, like the others strongly urge you to check ALL the caulking and seals throughout the entire unit. Water intrusion can quickly cost thousands of dollars and create stress and headaches that no one wants to deal with. I am glad to hear that is your plans to recaulk the entire unit. As long as the signs of moisture do not show any rot or water intrusion that has resulted in warping of wood and moldings then I would think that you are fairly safe. But that statement goes without seeing it and with the caveat that there is no rot starting any where.

Rod

F_Goose

Hi LCowan: I see you did purchase this unit, congrats. We almost bought this same model, but chose to go with a North Trail 26LRSS. Your couch is located right next to the kitchen sink so check that there wasn't a leak or overspray from there. If you have flat counters, it may be water that was allowed to run off the edge. Also check the window that is right over your couch to make sure there was no leaks or that they may have left a window open during rain or while washing. The couch is also in the slideout so check all the slideout seals.

Good luck with your new rig and enjoy!
Fred