looking at the Torque TQ 31

schew

Hello,
We have sold our current RV and plan on upgrading to a larger one. Our search included the Keystone Impact311, Impact 312, Keystone Carbon 35, Heartland Torque TQ31 and the Heartland Torque TQ 32.
I think we have finally settled on the TQ 31. The additional half bath and the ability to have a rear patio kit are the two attractive features that have drawn us to this particular unit. My wife really likes the kitchen layout too.
Reaching out to hear from owners of the TQ 31, we would love to hear about their experiences, comments and observations on the TQ31. One subject of interest would be is the Onan 5.5k genset. Is it loud? How's the fuel economy?
What's the true length of the unit, bumper to bumper? We plan on getting the 2nd AC unit. Does one AC unit cool the trailer effectively???
Thanks,
S

jimtoo

Hi schew,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland.

Jim M

660griz

We also looked at the T31. Wife really wanted the side patio and rear patio so, we got the T32. We do have the Onan 5500 and it is surprisingly quiet even with both A/Cs running. I can't comment on fuel economy yet.

schew

We also looked at the T31. Wife really wanted the side patio and rear patio so, we got the T32. We do have the Onan 5500 and it is surprisingly quiet even with both A/Cs running. I can't comment on fuel economy yet.
Thanks for replying.
We considered the tq32 and at one point was our choice. We liked the idea of setting up the side deck and the a bit of leaving it setup as opposed to having to close up the rear deck at bedtime, everytime.
We ended up choosing the tq31, as we really like the idea of the 2nd bathroom and can still have a patio deck option for the rear ramp.
So how us the tq32 working out for you? Have you found found it difficult finding rv sites that have enough room for the decks? Would like to hear your opinion. This would be our first heartland rv, our previous rv was a Pacific Coachworks...

schew

So how do you like your tq32? Have you found it difficult finding rv parks that can accommodates enough room for the side and rear patios? Good to hear the onan 5.5 genset is relatively quiet! Coming from dual 2000 watt Honda generators one of our biggest concerns was the nose factor of the onan.