Clearing Dometic double fridge "E0"

Roadventure

We parked out rig at a Cabela's parking lot and left out lights on overnight. We came back to a very low charge on the batteries about 24 hours later. Our fridge threw the E4, then E3 codes. We tried starting the genny with no result. So we went to bed with everything off. In the morning we had the "E0" error meaning the unit lost comma with the power source. We were able to start our genny after plugging in to our truck while it ran for about 30 min. Then we let the genny run for another hour or so. During that time I failed to clear the fridge error code. What do I do from here to reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Found this on another SOB forum.
If you are facing the back of the refer just above the burner there is a heat limit switch on the boiler with a reset button in the center.
It is about the diameter of a quarters and there is a red button in the center.
Push it. this is a heat limit switch. In real hot weather it might pop turning the unit off.
Are the fans still working?
Are the vents clear?
Anything that will cause the unit to get hotter than normal might pop the heat switch.
We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if we can be of assistance.
Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
DometicUSA.com

Roadventure

Found this on another SOB forum.
If you are facing the back of the refer just above the burner there is a heat limit switch on the boiler with a reset button in the center.
It is about the diameter of a quarters and there is a red button in the center.
Push it. this is a heat limit switch. In real hot weather it might pop turning the unit off.
Are the fans still working?
Are the vents clear?
Anything that will cause the unit to get hotter than normal might pop the heat switch.
We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if we can be of assistance.
Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
DometicUSA.com

I popped the cover off outside and have a rats nest of wiring and another side that looks like heater flue area? Also there is an A/C outlet at the opposite end that has a plug that isn't plugged in, but it had dust and it probably wasn't ever plugged in. All of this is ?? for me.

3e0eb724f2c361e409585bcc44f1cdd1.jpg

5cab6814c9540b5547ae55049b1d3fcf.jpg

da13fa4fe416a3681396b32587f98088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

The cord not plugged in is probably for the ice maker.

Try unplugging both power cords behind the frig and also pull the fuse that powers the control board - or just turn off all power at the pedestal and battery cutoff switch.

Roadventure

Re: Clearing Dometic double fridge "E0"

The cord not plugged in is probably for the ice maker.

Try unplugging both power cords behind the frig and also pull the fuse that powers the control board - or just turn off all power at the pedestal and battery cutoff switch.

In desperation before rolling out, I unplugged the one AC cord that was plugged in for like 30 seconds. This must have done the trick b/c when it cycled again we had a temp and settings available again. Probably not the ideal way to go. Fridge was up to 56, but then when we arrived at our destination 4 hours later was back down to 42.

Thanks for the quick replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Hot dog! I guess that helps now that I am more visually familiar with it. If it happens again I'll know right where to go poke.

Thanks again @danemayer and @SNOKING - to the rescue again!