Where can i get duplicate keys for rv door

BVK

I need some spare keys , i tried home depot but they said no , other then a locksmith , can i order on line ?

Carleen

Try ACE hardware if you have one. They have a big selection

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

TxCowboy

Google the code on your key. You'd be surprised how many people carry these keys. When we bought both our Landmark and our SOB travel trailer, we purchased four extras for each key off the interweb. The local dealer wanted about $12 each for the keys and we bought the entire set of less than about $20.

Gaffer

Go to a sticks and bricks lock and safe store. Should run about $5 each. Been there and done that when I lost one set.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Most places, other than a locksmith shop, won't have the blanks for RV keys. I don't think any reputable online dealer would sell you a ready made key just because you told them the code number on a lock. If there is one, I could start a new career as a burglar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Most places, other than a locksmith shop, won't have the blanks for RV keys. I don't think any reputable online dealer would sell you a ready made key just because you told them the code number on a lock. If there is one, I could start a new career as a burglar.

John,

Fastec makes many of the locks and they will happily sell you spare keys.

"Need to replacement or spare key for your HF300 series lock? No worries, we have you covered!"

And if you can convince them you're a locksmith, they will sell you a master key that pulls every cylinder.

Are you ready to start your new career?

JohnDar

John,

Fastec makes many of the locks and they will happily sell you spare keys.

"Need to replacement or spare key for your HF300 series lock? No worries, we have you covered!"

And if you can convince them you're a locksmith, they will sell you a master key that pulls every cylinder.

Are you ready to start your new career?

Mask is on order from "Crooks 'R' Us."

Carleen

I found if I have RV keys- including the dreaded CH751- I can get into nearly every RV out there. You can also buy a set of CH751 for $3 that are pre-cut. Makes me feel so secure! You have Lippert Slam Latches you say? They have those too! They can even tell you what key code you have based on year and manufacture. All brought to you by etrailer.com- one of the most popular trailer resources on the net Serious- anyone who thinks these doors are secure need to guess again.
Valterra Key.jpgLippert.jpg
This company has replacement cam locks for baggage doors that makes them more secure. The website is somewhat goofy- but they have a good product. Something to consider if you're concerned about security.

https://ch751.com/

JohnDar

I converted all of my CH751 locks to Cam-Locks a couple of years ago. Sure, a determined thief can still get in, but any opportunistic junior criminal walking by won't be able to use their CH751 key.

Westwind

My wife and I (Singular not Plural) She broke the key in the lock one night while in Florida and we had to call a locksmith to come to the trailer, he charged me $25 to open the trailer and gave me three keys. Definitely beats going to a Hampton Inn and paying $120. All three keys work great, we have a hidden spare and the new key on my chain works great. I recommend a locksmith.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Try ACE hardware if you have one. They have a big selection

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

I've tried the ACE by my house (120th. & Colorado Blvd.) . . . and they can't even order them.

And I've tried Camping World . . . and they won't order them, either.

And my dealership doesn't stock them and never did give me an answer when I asked them if they could get me some copies.

I'm sure they can be bought somewhere . . . but not sure where!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need a partner? :confused:

I would like to retire soon . . . and the lottery ain't workin' out so good. :p

JohnDar

Might start a franchise. You can buy in for only $10000. Send cash, small used bills only. :)