We did it..

schew

Just placed a down payment on a 2017 Torque TQ31! Options chosen are the Onan 5.5 genset, 2nd AC and the rear patio deck. Although we have yet to see this model in person, we think the photos we've seen on the net have been a good representation of what we can expect in the rv. Super excited, hoping to get this trailer delivered in time to enjoy it before summers end...

mlpeloquin

Congratulations! It certainly is an exciting time purchasing a new fifth wheel and a toy hauler at that.

schew

We almost purchased a 5th wheel, but as our TV is a 2015 f250 power stroke, I didn't want the stress knowing the pinweight would put me over the gvwr. I'm fairly certain we would have been under my gross rear axle weight rating, but in the end we decided to purchase a tow behind, which the tq31 is.. yes we are excited though!

schew

Our first rv was a 2015 Pacific Coach works toyhauler. After a few vacations we realized that we simply needed more room for us and our 3 young boys. We owned it for just over a year and kept it immaculate, selling it in less than 12 hours after listing it. Lol!
So no this isn't our first, but the torque tq31 is almost 12 ft longer, so I'm slightly nervous about that fact. We live at the end of a dead end street and I'll have to back it all the way down our street then park it 90 degrees to the street, onto our driveway..

MurrayN.

Congratulations schew! ! We ordered our new Torque 321 from the factory only having seen the website pics and other dealer pics. After a couple of months we drove 5 hours to see one on another dealers lot to see if we had made a good decision. But after just coming home from a three week holiday I can say that we love our Torque. It suits what we are doing now to a T. You will be happy with yours.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Congratulations on your new rig! I know you will have many, many happy days in it and memories for a lifetime! I think you will really like being a member of the Heartland family, you will get lots and lots of information from the forum. Consider making it to a rally sometime soon, the camaraderie of these folks is mind blowing!

Happy trails!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulation Schew!!! We hope that you join the Heartland Owners Club and join us at some upcoming rallies!

Rod

schew

Thanks for the warm welcome. I received an email from the regional sales manager and if everything goes well, our rv will be at the dealership around August 28th...

Sniper

Congratulations, and welcome! Don't be to worried about backing it, I have to do pretty much the same thing where we live, then do a "blind side" side 90 on a narrow lane between two culverts. I can feel my pulse go up at the end of every trip when we get to the end of our lane. LOL You got this.

Enjoy, and safe travels. :)

schew

Yes, I know that exact feeling. Each time I come home, I turn on my hazard lights and have to stop, back in 90 degreesinto my street, then back up about 80 yards to my house which is the last one on the street... It's never the ideal way to end each vacation!
The regional sales manager said my unit will "go online" on August 11th.
I assume this means it hits the assembly line on that day?
This will be my 2nd rv, so I'm familiar with many features of an rv but this one will be my first with sliders, onboard genset and prewired for solar. Already have lots of questions..

Nice setup, just curious if you have scaled it yet. I'd also be interested in seeing what the weights look like with the toy in the back since we'll be hauling a Club Car Precedent, a 500CC dirt bike, a 250CC dirt bike and two 50s which will get bigger as the kids grow. 90% of our camping is boondocking so any input on how the T31 does boondocking would be great.

schew

Nice setup, just curious if you have scaled it yet. I'd also be interested in seeing what the weights look like with the toy in the back since we'll be hauling a Club Car Precedent, a 500CC dirt bike, a 250CC dirt bike and two 50s which will get bigger as the kids grow. 90% of our camping is boondocking so any input on how the T31 does boondocking would be great.
Thanks!
I've only taken it out once, 1800 mile round trip to Wyoming for an archery Elk hunt where we boondocked. I also brought my 2009 Polaris Ranger xp which weighs about 1200 lbs. I want to say I filled the fresh water tank with roughly 20 gallons of water to get us by during the trip, and filled the tank full (108 gallons) about 2.5 hours from our destination.
There was probably an additional 350 lbs. on top of the 1200 lb. polaris ranger in the garage. Despite this fact, it seemed like I was still tongue heavy as if I wasn't careful with my driving ,I could easily induce tailwagging with the trailers rear end.
The ride also seemed a bit "bouncy" too, adding to my suspicions that I didn't have enough weight in the rear.
When I filled the freshwater tank, I could tell it definitely helped in distributing the weight and the trailer towed better. Having said that, based on my one and only trip so far, don't be afraid to load up the garage..

We had to cut our hunt short so I cannot comment on an extended boondocking trip. We stayed 4 days, and put approximately 14 hours on the 5.5 genset, which is pleasantly QUIET!!!!!! It did seem that we drained the single 12 volt battery down quite a bit though, so I'm not sure if an average of the generator running 3 hours each day wasn't sufficiently charging the battery or if there's an issue with the battery itself. It did rain the first 2 nights fairly heavy and the trailer slides were unaffected. Temps dipped down below freezing one night and the trailers insulation seemed adequate but cannot compare to other units with a greater r value. I think the Tq 31 has an r value of 7.
But it was great to have a ducted heater and it works wonderfully, warming the entire coach evenly!
With a capacity of 108 gallons of fresh water, it think a family of 5 could boondock for 5-7 days easily if practical water usage is applied.
I upgraded from an rv that was 23' long, and a 50 fresh water tank so im loving my new trailer that's 37'8 long and holds over 100 gallons of water. It's size, capacities and onan genset make it perfect for dry camping. Its quite a bit bigger though and I've never towed anything this long, but I had no issues towing or maneuvering when searching for an open diesel pump. My 2015 Ford F250 has enough power to make you forget I was even towing.
Never did get to weigh it on a cat scale , although I saw several scales during my trip. Hopefully I'll have it weighed the next time I'm out with it.

I absolutely love this trailer ( and I wouldnt be surprised if you did too)... the hardest part of the trip was not worrying about how much mud was getting tracked into the new trailer...