ATF: Big Country - 3850MB Coax Layout and RG6 splitters

jshadams

Hello,

I just purchased a 2017 BC 3850MB, and I am curious about the COAX layout. I have checked out the COAX layouts on the H.U.G. section, but I do not see anything that accounts for the TV in the middle bunk. Additionally, I don't see an input in the UDC, is it split off from the Bedroom or the Living Room?

Additionally, does anyone have information on what type of splitters are being used for the split off to outside and the middle bunk? Specifically, I am considering a satellite option that uses the SWiM technology, but the require very high frequency splitters (2-2150MHz). If they are standard splitters, are the easily accessible?

Many thanks!

danemayer

Hi jshadams,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If another 3850MB owner has figured out the coax layout I'm sure they'll chime in.

Another choice would be to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to get you the coax drawing for your floorplan. If you do get it, email it to manuals@heartlandowners.org so we can post it for others.

You may have to inspect the splitters on your rig. Some people have found cable splitters on the satellite feeds. But without looking, who knows. If you have a coax connector in the pass through basement storage, there's likely to be a splitter behind that wall plate. If you get the drawing for your floorplan, it should show any other splitters.

jshadams

Dane,

Thanks! I have called. The gentleman was a little dis-credulous that coax layouts even existed; I assured him they do. He said he would flip it over to engineering ... hopefully they can find something. If I get a copy, I will be sure to email to the indicated thread.

Again, Thanks!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If there is a schematic available, it may help you rewire your RV up the way it should have been.

But my experience has been that no two trailers seem to be wired up the same as there are so many complaints about the coax wiring that it is beyond belief.

Both of my Heartland RV's needed extensive refiguring of the coax runs.

jshadams

Hello all ... Finally got to this over the weekend. My more difficult issue was actually getting the Satellite Dish pointed (had to clear a path through tree branches), and the satellite finder I purchased was worthless (I was better off using the tuner signal strength on the set top box. Anyhow, I suspect Heartland has gotten with the digital age and recognize many users are satellite centric for RVs. I used the two main ports in the UDC (for the living room and master bedroom) after using a DTV two-way splitter and power inserter (for a SWiM installation). After a few reconfiguration changes, I had signal throughout the RV.

Couple of notes ...

I think Heartland recognizes that the Power Booster and new SWiM technologies don't mix ... so I noticed that they had two different RG6 ports in the cabinet above the living room TV, as such I plugged the STB into open connection and got SWiM signal. The master bedroom and study were a little different ... there is a mini loop connection in the MB closet (which is where the power boost for antenna signal is) ... I disconnected the loop from the power boost RG6 port to the open port, and I got signal to the bedroom and study. Fortunately, all of the splitters were >2k MHz and power compliant. Other than the splitter I used in the UDC, I didn't have to swap out any splitters behind RG6 ports.

That said, I am not sure what my wiring diagram for the 3850MB is, but it is definitely new considering there are closet loops and multi ports at each location. If I get a chance I will try to sketch it out for others.

Thanks,

John