Camper shed

jbeletti

Yes Jim, put it on stem walls, bottom of stem is 12 by 12 with 6 by 8 riser. Total of 18 tall with rebar throughout. Just poured front and back stem walls, both 6 in wide by 12 deep reinforced also being the walls are 14 ft tall. Want it to be the last one I build. Hopefully this will allow the new Arlington to last a long time. Jerrod has been over to see it and was pleased. I'm looking forward on meeting you in the near future, how did your Calistoga plans go?

Thanks for the detail. I believe I will have 20 piers at 36" deep that the posts will sit in. That ought to keep it anchored in the winds we get in CO.

I have not completely decided if I can make Bob and Patty's SoCal rally yet. So much going on with the new house. As it is, we will move in and hit the road. No time to really get settled or get much done before we have to head west, so we may want to come back home after the Jackson rally.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Sounds like you have it under control, I chose the solid stem wall over the piers being the barn is in an open area and I did not want it moving. As far as Calistoga info, IM me if you need thing that I may be able to help you with. We are scheduled to go back up there in October for a couple of weeks ( that's why we can't make Vegas of Jackson ).

Safe travels

Rich

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just called Winslow and got a great price of $3,606.85 for a 20 x 40 x 12 side with a peak of 14' with the upgraded steel and roofing. Big kicker is the shipping at $3 per mile is $3,228.02....this still beats the pricing I have from other vendors so far.
Of course this means I will have to do the install..

richheck

Seasoned Member
Just called Winslow and got a great price of $3,606.85 for a 20 x 40 x 12 side with a peak of 14' with the upgraded steel and roofing. Big kicker is the shipping at $3 per mile is $3,228.02....this still beats the pricing I have from other vendors so far.

Gary,

Make sure you order your building with the ribs going vertical vs horizontal, most everyone I have talked to had issues with the horizontal orientation, leaking at the overlaps and holding both rain and dirt in the valleys. It is an upgrade to go with the vertical orientation but you won't be sorry. Mine is 24 wide to allow opening of all slides and most of the awning if needed to dry, 48 ft long to accommodate the 44 ft coach and 14 ft tall opening for entry and exit. Last week I did the Dometic TSB 99-1-19 update on my two a 'so and was able to walk without ducking almost the entire length of the coach.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I know how you can get some help . . .

Have a boondocking HOC Rally at your place . . . :p

jbeletti

Garry - if you're looking for a shelter with metal framing, look up VersaTube. I watched Mark Polk's video on one he built into a regular garage. Anyway, they have a neat online cost calculator.

Got a text from Bill S from SoTX tonight suggesting I look into National Barn Company as they built his many years ago and it has survived 2 hurricanes. Turns out, that's who I'd already selected. I'm working with a couple here in Colorado Springs that owns the Colorado franchise. Great people.

Doublegranch

Jim...thanks, I will take a look, appreciate the info...

Update:

Looked at the site and they have a plant in Phoenix AZ....they offer free shipping as well. I am gong to call them in the morning....Great find! Thank you

sengli

Ours looks like new because its kept out of the sun. Allsteelcarports.com

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 112

jbeletti

Update:

Looked at the site and they have a plant in Phoenix AZ....they offer free shipping as well. I am gong to call them in the morning....Great find! Thank you

The Forum doing it's thing :)

jrdelung

Update:

Let me know when you get yours built... I want to come take a look at it!

Doublegranch

I hope to place an order with in a week or so...I am comparing two vendors right now.
I will send you and email when It is up and ready. It takes 17 days for the mfg to make the kit and send it to me.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You guys are making me jealous!

Even if I could build one right now, we just don't have enough room in the space allotted!

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010693.jpg ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010703.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010701.jpg

Life in suburbia . . .