Cyclone 4200 Patio Door Leak

jam20ster

Is anyone with a side patio system having any issues with water getting into camper?

We are going on a little over 1 year of ownership and I have continued to battle since purchase a leak around the patio door. The leak has even caused trim pieces to swell. It was first taken in around January of this year to be repaired. Technician found that the screws used to mount patio door system to RV had never been caulked from the factory. Heartland covered it under warranty even though caulking after 60 or 90 days usually isn't covered. About a month later water was still finding its way into the RV. We took RV back and this time technician found that behind the main awning leg where the power wires go into the RV for power supply, the hole was never caulked allowing water to get in. Once again Heartland covered this.

Now fast forward to yesterday, and we still have water getting into camper. I have called the repair shop and they said bring it in and they will explore even more and it will be all covered at no expense to me. I'm thankful that my repair shop and Heartland have taken care of the financial side of things, but this is getting frustrating.

Am I the only one having this problem?

ndmac

One thing to check is that your bar latches pull down tight on the top of your patio door when shut. My latches were closing tight on the bottom but leaving 3/8" to 1/2" gap at top when closed.
The left bar latch was not even touching the patio door at the top when closed an the door still had gap.

I contacted heartland and after several attempts I finally got the right set of Latches and now it seals tight.

IMG_4754.JPGIMG_5482.jpg

One other thing I would suggest it the Patio support leg. It keeps patio from distortion in the middle and will help keep tight seal when closed.
Well worth the money if you don't already have one. Deck is rock solid!
20160215_123508.jpg
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/58225-4200-4250-patio-leg-install?highlight=patio+leg

Attachments

• IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 43

jam20ster

My water issue only happens when patio is open or out. When closed no water gets in. Sorry I should I mentioned that from the beginning.

Its just unfortunate that we pay the kind of money we do for these Rv's/Toy Haulers and they are only as good as the technicians efforts for that day. Heartland and my repair shop have done, up to this point, a great job of taking care of me when issues arise. My repair facility is a service/repair only facility, not a dealership. If I had to take it to a dealership every time something happened I'm not sure I would be as upbeat about the experience.

JW4250

I had my 4 mo old 4250 in the rain for the first time this past weekend and it leaked too. Drained out on the floor in a puddle right by the bottom of the sliding door where it closes to. It appears to me that the water is gathering in the sliding guide trough and it fills up and comes out through the cracks in that and maybe over the top of the trough if the camper is slightly off level with the front a bit more down. See if you notice the same thing. Jay