Arlington Put Back Into Production By Popular Demand

Cholo

I noticed this morning that the Arlington is now marked "Dealer Stock Only" on their website. I was a mere DAYS away from ordering!! What is going to replace this and the few others that are gone? Loved the desk and front bath.
The Newport is missing the pantry otherwise, good.
Your thoughts?

danemayer

Re: No More Arlington??

Hi Cholo,

If you were going to custom order an Arlington, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark 365 sales. Maybe there's a unit with the options you want sitting on a dealer lot.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dealer stock only

I see on the Heartland Landmark 365 website there are 4 models that say dealer stock only. The Arlington, The Ashland, The Key West, and The Syracuse. What the heck are they up too ? I knew they were cutting the Ashland and the Key West but didn't know about the other two. I still think the Ashland is there best floor plan.

BudnDonna

We're in the same boat....! We've been sealing stuff andproperty to go full time and the Arlington was the one. .. So mad right now!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

We're so disappointed..! We've been selling stuff and property to go full time and the Arlington was the one. .. So mad right now!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Dealer stock only

We're so disappointed..! We've been selling stuff and property to go full time and the Arlington was the one. .. So mad right now!

Like Dan suggested on another thread call Heartland and ask for Landmark sales see if they have one somewhere.
I think they should build you one they still have the plans. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jjwink

Re: Dealer stock only

Don't understand why they would discontinue two of their best sellers. We have looked for several years for a shorter fifth wheel. The Syracuse was the answer. Our dealer said these were two of their top sellers. Are they coming out with another unit in the 32' range? Not all of us want to drag around these 40-45 foot fivers! Our 38' is long enough for traveling.

danemayer

Re: No More Arlington?? Dealer Stock Only.

Sounds like there's a major retooling underway, probably inspired by the change of GMs a while back. There must be enough stuff changing that it would have created a lot of confusion to introduce a bunch of mid-year changes without changing model names.

In many industries, where distributors or dealers hold inventory, the manufacturer will try to balance supply and demand so that there isn't a lot of inventory of the old models on dealer lots when the new models get announced. That may be why we haven't heard about new models yet.

So anyone who really, really, really loves a discontinued model might want to find one now, while there are still some available. If you aren't sure and you want to wait to see what's coming, keep in mind that the new models may or may not be direct replacements for existing models. 32' could shrink to 30', or grow to 34'. And you (or spouse) may or may not like the feature and decor changes. And there's no telling how long the wait will be to see what changes are coming.

AWesdorp

Good morning everyone from base camp here in Elkhart! I hope you are all doing great. Today is our son's 7th birthday and opening night of soccer season (yes I got suckered into coaching again!) so it's going to be a great day.

Want another reason for it to be a great day? We're reinstating the Arlington! I've never before seen such a dramatic and passionate response to a floor plan going obsolete. I spoke to our engineers, higher-ups, etc., and we are able to keep it after all. I'm very excited about this and we look forward to taking all of your orders very soon.

Being in Plant 2 with other products, we have to "cull the herd" once or twice a year in order to cut under performing floor plans to make room for new ones. The Arlington is a unique one in that many dealers didn't stock it because it is too close to the Newport. If a dealer stocks 4 units, he'll most likely have a Newport, Charleston, Madison and Orlando/Syracuse. He/She can rely on showing a Newport and using our pictures online of the Arlington. It works for them but keeps us from being able to sell them stock Arlingtons.

All said, you can call your dealer this very second and order an Arlington. Thanks to this great forum and to you passionate Heartlanders for making this happen. Have a great day everyone, Andy Wesdorp, GM

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That's great news !!!!
And even better news that you guys are listening to what people want.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We need to change the title of this thread to "the Arlington is BAAACK!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cholo

Good morning everyone from base camp here in Elkhart! I hope you are all doing great. Today is our son's 7th birthday and opening night of soccer season (yes I got suckered into coaching again!) so it's going to be a great day.

Want another reason for it to be a great day? We're reinstating the Arlington! I've never before seen such a dramatic and passionate response to a floor plan going obsolete. I spoke to our engineers, higher-ups, etc., and we are able to keep it after all. I'm very excited about this and we look forward to taking all of your orders very soon.

Being in Plant 2 with other products, we have to "cull the herd" once or twice a year in order to cut under performing floor plans to make room for new ones. The Arlington is a unique one in that many dealers didn't stock it because it is too close to the Newport. If a dealer stocks 4 units, he'll most likely have a Newport, Charleston, Madison and Orlando/Syracuse. He/She can rely on showing a Newport and using our pictures online of the Arlington. It works for them but keeps us from being able to sell them stock Arlingtons.

All said, you can call your dealer this very second and order an Arlington. Thanks to this great forum and to you passionate Heartlanders for making this happen. Have a great day everyone, Andy Wesdorp, GM

THANKS. I'M ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW!!!
Now that you have the engineers warmed up, can you have them fix the issue about installing a Dometic 320 toilet in the Arlington before I order mine?;)

richheck

Seasoned Member

Great job Andy going to bat for all, we really enjoy our and hope to see more while out and about.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Wow . . . this is way cool that the forums made a difference!

And Heartland listens . . . :cool:

Not everyone needs (or wants) a 40+ footer . . . but has their favorite brand!

rvmckee

Thank you, thank you, thank you Andy!!! Unfortunately we're not quite ready to get ours yet, but had just made a decision a few days ago that the Arlington was the floorplan for us. We were devastated when we read it was gone, but just now read that it's not going anywhere and we can't wait to order one in January!! You've made us very happy campers!! Thank you for listening to all the wonderful people on this forum. It's good to know and be reassured that Heartland listens and takes our comments and feelings into consideration. Thank you again!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thank you, thank you, thank you Andy!!! Unfortunately we're not quite ready to get ours yet, but had just made a decision a few days ago that the Arlington was the floorplan for us. We were devastated when we read it was gone, but just now read that it's not going anywhere and we can't wait to order one in January!! You've made us very happy campers!! Thank you for listening to all the wonderful people on this forum. It's good to know and be reassured that Heartland listens and takes our comments and feelings into consideration. Thank you again!!

I would talk to Andy and see how much longer they are going to keep it in the line. That could all change again before January.

Bones

I agree with Jerrod. At this point you are only a few months out from your intended order point. Order now and you ensure you get what you want and you don't miss out again. Your just a few months ahead of schedule.

jlsr

We have been reviewing the Arlington plan along with the Newport and really like the Arlington desk/computer area. Hope this plan is still an option when we are ready to buy.