$200 mo more for indoor storage - Whay say you?

Sarge

Found close RV storage for a 40 footer here in So Kalifornistan -

Outdoor for $289mo or indoor for $489mo.

The outdoor does allow covers - But I'm not so sure I'll be able to put it on / remove myself. (Back issues.)

Before deciding to go new - We looked at a few that were stored outside uncovered. They all looked terrible because of the sun damage.

What say you...?

Thanx, Sarge

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: $200mo more for indoor storage - Whay say you?

Yes you correct about the weight. Most covers only last 2 years anyway and do more damage than good.

WOW, OC storage is pricey.

GOTTOYS

YIKES! People in CA. must be rich! $65.00 a month for outdoor here in MN with lots of security and on-site mgmt. and $35.00 for the same in central KS. I would have a hard time paying your rates. Most of the RV parks I stay at are under $500.00 for full hookups and I can live there besides...Don

jnbhobe

If I could get half that much I would change from storing cars to RV's.

sjandbj

I covered mine once and will never do it again. The covers, even the expensive ones, don't hold up to the sun and wind in the west. They are heavy and requires a lot of walking on the roof. I find it too dangerous and just a PITA to cover the rig and uncover it. When the cover is new it is in a nice small package but once it is opened up it is like getting 20 lb's of stuff in a 5 lb bag.

Chippendale

I am paying $179.00 plus 6.25% sales tax for a total of $190.19 per month for a 50 foot covered "pull through" with electricity and very convenient to my house in Central Texas. I took delivery of this current trailer on June 28th and it has been under cover a total of 11 days. I am on a trip right now and it won't be back under cover until Sept. 19th. Am I crazy or just stupid, it has to be one or the other?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I feel fortunate. We have indoor storage at 55° all winter. I think it's like $3 per linear foot per month. For us, it's around $130 per month.

Tow it here, I think they still have spaces available.

Sarge

YIKES! People in CA. must be rich! $65.00 a month for outdoor here in MN with lots of security and on-site mgmt. and $35.00 for the same in central KS. I would have a hard time paying your rates. Most of the RV parks I stay at are under $500.00 for full hookups and I can live there besides...Don

Supply and demand. Costs skyrocketed when the largest storage facility lost their lease. I can store it 2hrs away for $100mo - But this place is literally a trigger pull away. (.50 cal :) )

mlpeloquin

$200/mo here. I was lucky. The rate has gone up to$240/mo uncovered if you can find a place at all. Just need to keep the pointing up and rig washed and waxed. I noticed that most people that have rigs do not and pay the price. I forgot to add that unless you have unlimited funds, don't even think about inside storage around here. If you have the land, it would be cheaper to get a loan and build a building for it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
$30 a month for outside storage. I park it in the storage facility the end of September and haul it out the beginning of May. It's never been covered yet still looks pretty good for a 9+ year old rig. It's tagged as a 2009 model, but it was built in Feb. 2008.

Sarge

$200/mo here. I was lucky. The rate has gone up to$240/mo uncovered if you can find a place at all. Just need to keep the pointing up and rig washed and waxed. I noticed that most people that have rigs do not and pay the price. I forgot to add that unless you have unlimited funds, don't even think about inside storage around here. If you have the land, it would be cheaper to get a loan and build a building for it.

How often for the wax jobs? If you hire someone - What do you pay?

Thanx, Sarge

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

That is exactly what ours is. 50x16 with 20 amp, concrete floor and power door opener. I think it's worth every penny!

Attachments

• IMG_20150419_105014731.jpg
    IMG_20150419_105014731.jpg
    807.2 KB · Views: 93

SLO

Wow. Didn't know I was so lucky. $50/month outdoor on central coast California

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Back in Terrell, TX when we lived in a neighborhood with an HOA that said no trailers, we paid $65 a mo at a secured storage facility for uncovered, and covered was $95 a mo. When they were doing some work to expand the uncovered lot, we got to be in a covered space for same price for about 3 mo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We park our Prowler next to our house . . . for free!

It ain't covered . . . but it is insured!

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010693.jpg ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg

Part of the reason we've kept this house all of these years is because we can keep our RV at home and not behind someone else's fence.

Which is a rare comodity in Colorado these days.

When we lived in Boulder and rented out this house we had the option of leaving our camper at our friends house up in the mountains (Woodland Park) . . . but we no longer have that option!

BighornELK

We pay $250.00 per month for covered storage in the Tampa, Fl area. Facility is about 20 mins from house, accessible 24/7. Property manager lives on property, and is monitored by cameras and fence alarms. Each bay has 30 amp service and property has a dump station. A bit steep, but it protects our investment.

mlpeloquin

How often for the wax jobs? If you hire someone - What do you pay?

Thanx, Sarge

Do it myself almost every time before it goes into storage. Once a year is the big clean with ZEP TNT (Truck And Trailer Wash).

Lynn1130

$175 per month for fully indoors with power hookup.

rjr6150

That is exactly what ours is. 50x16 with 20 amp, concrete floor and power door opener. I think it's worth every penny!

X2 for us has 50 amp only seven blocks from the house.