Road Warrior Decal missing

alwaysbusy

They told me the body shop went to Oreilly to match the paint. When the service department told me that, I about fell out int he floor. I knew it wouldn't work. I told the Camper Dealer to contact Heartland and get the paint code to that front end when it comes back to get redone.

Please tell me you don't mean O'Reilly Auto Parts? I would call Heartland customer service with last six of your VIN and obtain the code(s) yourself. If your going to have redone by same dealer, inquire as to how they are matching and if they are using pre-established cross codes provided via their paint manufacturer. When you obtain name of paint manufacturer they want to use on the 2nd try, call the manufacturer yourself with your codes and confirm they have a cross code which is an EXACT match. Get the code and check the dealer to ensure they have same. If not, request the dealer utilize a manufacturer that does. Matching paint should be a professional body shop's forte; however, I'd oversee your fix a lot closer knowing this may not be the case.

TBONE21

Please tell me you don't mean O'Reilly Auto Parts? I would call Heartland customer service with last six of your VIN and obtain the code(s) yourself. If your going to have redone by same dealer, inquire as to how they are matching and if they are using pre-established cross codes provided via their paint manufacturer. When you obtain name of paint manufacturer they want to use on the 2nd try, call the manufacturer yourself with your codes and confirm they have a cross code which is an EXACT match. Get the code and check the dealer to ensure they have same. If not, request the dealer utilize a manufacturer that does. Matching paint should be a professional body shop's forte; however, I'd oversee your fix a lot closer knowing this may not be the case.

you are correct. I about fell out in the floor when I was told that. When I take it back for them to try it again, I am going to really give the service guy a good talking to about it. I already took him outside nd showed him how bad it looked. Its at home now in its new shed. They were going to be closed for a while during the holidays so I went to get it and put it up. It goes back the second week in January. I will update this thread as things develop.

pjones1969

Well Heartland gladly approved the repair. Problem is the body shop has done an AWFUL job. Trash in the clear coat and the paint color doesn't match at all. Also they did some damage to is as they were fixing it. Looks like an air hose rubbed the paint off in another section. I have the camper back after they did all the other repairs but its obviously going back. I hate body shops that don't care about what they are doing. Sorry the pic is side ways. The upload thing changes it. You can see 3 quarters of the way up where the color doesn't match.
View attachment 49026

Interested how Heartland responded to this, I've had my FBP Cyclone a month and pulled every sticker off of it on the maiden voyage, I noticed that the 88 degree sticker appeared to be cleared over once I removed it.

Did you have to take it to an authorized by Heartland body shop or could you pick your own?

I'm going to take some pics next time I get around it and start the process, which I assume is calling customer service with my VIN in hand, I don't trust my dealer to handle this (or anything really), so far they can't even get me a screen that was missing during the PDI, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've had my FBP Cyclone a month and pulled every sticker off of it on the maiden voyage, I noticed that the 88 degree sticker appeared to be cleared over once I removed it.

I think that the dealer probably sprayed a coating on it.

Our dealer put a sticker on the front of our Prowler (see photo below), which started pealing off in high winds on our way to the Tucson HOC Rodeo Rally last year.

When I pealed it off the rest of the way, there was an indentation in the clear coat.

ProwlerStickerGone-P1010732.jpg

I wasn't sure what to do to get it smoothed out, so I asked their mobile tech to bring a new sticker with him when he came to our house to finish some 'unfinished' warranty repairs and put the new one back in the same spot.

ProwlerLogo-P1000373.jpg

LBR

We are taking our CY in tomorrow for it's first doctor's visit since we took delivery last October...I have full faith I could get that round 88° sticker off, unless it is a setup....lol....I am going to ask the dealership to remove it and put the burden on their shoulders.

We'll see how that goes....in the end, I may have wished I did it myself....haha.

pjones1969

Interested how Heartland responded to this, I've had my FBP Cyclone a month and pulled every sticker off of it on the maiden voyage, I noticed that the 88 degree sticker appeared to be cleared over once I removed it.

Did you have to take it to an authorized by Heartland body shop or could you pick your own?

I'm going to take some pics next time I get around it and start the process, which I assume is calling customer service with my VIN in hand, I don't trust my dealer to handle this (or anything really), so far they can't even get me a screen that was missing during the PDI, lol

Was at the trailer today and realized that it may just be sticker residue of the outline, used some bumper sticker remover and some elbow grease and got it all off..... so glad it was not cleared over as I originally thought