2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/13/2017 to 6/18/2017

Man I'm out of pocket for a few days camping and wow I have a lot of catching up to do. Sitting at the beach now. Jamie. Sure the kids would love activities. We need to check the school schedule though. That may be cutting it real close on end of school year.

Madison is usually out of school somewhere around the beginning of June but in 2013 she had 13 snow days and it pushed it back to mid June. Needless to say, she wasn't at school for the last 2 days.

Bones

Madison is usually out of school somewhere around the beginning of June but in 2013 she had 13 snow days and it pushed it back to mid June. Needless to say, she wasn't at school for the last 2 days.
According to the schedule it looks like they are suppose to be done. I may be making one long day trip to get there.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Oh yeah. I'll slap a big sticker that says "Student Driver" on the side of the golf cart. Can you believe she'll be 15 next year. There goes my insurance rates.

Ah, they do grow up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

According to the schedule it looks like they are suppose to be done. I may be making one long day trip to get there.

Talk to Mike and Jodi Vanderford. They make the trip in one shot from Baltimore. They also know where the campgrounds are near the interstate if you would want to layover.

The fairgrounds is big and flat. Perfect for riding bikes. Madison learned to ride her bike there without us running by her side. Once she made it the first 100 yards, she was gone. She must have made the loop in the NW section 1000 times.

Ah, they do grow up!!!

2011, she was riding her bike. 2017, only a few months away from her drivers license. (But still riding her bike. Lol)

Man I'm getting old.

Bones

Talk to Mike and Jodi Vanderford. They make the trip in one shot from Baltimore. They also know where the campgrounds are near the interstate if you would want to layover.

The fairgrounds is big and flat. Perfect for riding bikes. Madison learned to ride her bike there without us running by her side. Once she made it the first 100 yards, she was gone. She must have made the loop in the NW section 1000 times.

2011, she was riding her bike. 2017, only a few months away from her drivers license. (But still riding her bike. Lol)

Man I'm getting old.

Thanks. I'll make sure to load their bikes.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Definitely make it easier to sell the wife on this 12 hour drive if she knew the kids were going to have fun too.

We had our kids last year at the Goshen Rally and they are looking forward to going next year too! Knowing if others will bring kids would help in making a movement in getting kids activities organized for the rally.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Man I'm getting old.

We could drive it in a day from central PA but will likely leave a few days early and layover in my high school buddy's driveway a few days.
We're actually on our way to MT without the BH (a uhaul instead) and likely stop in Elkhart for the night. 9 hours total from home with a few stops.

Jamie, old...HA!! If 60 is the new 40 then you can't be a day over 25!!

jimtoo

Maybe get the forum moderators to be the targets>>> I mean almost everyone has had a post moved, edited a little, or even deleted because it's a duplicate which is not allowed. Could probably raise lots of money. I'm sure all the mods would just jump in to be a target.

Jim M

Did I just put this up??.. where is my delete key?...

Last edited:

Bones

Maybe get the forum moderators to be the targets>>> I mean almost everyone has had a post moved, edited a little, or even deleted because it's a duplicate which is not allowed. Could probably raise lots of money. I'm sure all the mods would just jump in to be a target.

Jim M

Ha ha ha. I'll have the kids throw the softballs but beware their aim is not the best. Better be in a cage

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Jim M

Are you going to do this at the Vegas National Rally, too! :eek:

Who needs slot machines if we have this . . . :p

jbeletti

I think we should get a dunking booth for the rally. Any volunteers?

Debbie B volunteered me at one of her rallies in Gettysburg, PA a few years ago. The water was cold but I took one for the cause.

No plans for a dunking booth in Goshen though - sorry :)

plshilo

Hey Guys,
We are For Sure coming to Goshen in 2017.....was there before with SOB, and a Great Time. We are looking forward to this one with Heartland and meeting everyone. Does anyone know for sure that the techs from the plant will be onsite to fix/repair stuff like the the other brands do????? We will be keeping a close eye to get registered ASAP when it opens...Safe Travels to All

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Guys,
We are For Sure coming to Goshen in 2017.....was there before with SOB, and a Great Time. We are looking forward to this one with Heartland and meeting everyone. Does anyone know for sure that the techs from the plant will be onsite to fix/repair stuff like the the other brands do????? We will be keeping a close eye to get registered ASAP when it opens...Safe Travels to All

In the past we've been able to submit 2 items to be addressed by the Heartland staff. They must be non-major in nature (no appliances, that sort of thing) and pre-approved before the rally. There will be a form to submit your repair requests, once you have registered for the rally.

harlancook

JohnD:

You say the Heartland Rally's are a "blast". Having never been to one, what makes them so fun from your perspective?

Harlan Cook
2013 Landmark Key Largo

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
JohnD:

You say the Heartland Rally's are a "blast". Having never been to one, what makes them so fun from your perspective?

Harlan Cook
2013 Landmark Key Largo

The members, plain and simple!

We've been to seven HOC rallies and campouts since we've joined . . . and we try to make every single one possible!

We have lots of fun, made many new friends, and we get lots of help on modifications or fixes . . .

All you have to do is attend one HOC Rally or Campout . . . and you will not want to miss another!

Just go to one . . . and let us all know what you think!

We have another Colorado HOC Rally coming up in September . . . can't wait!

harlancook

JohnD:

Thank you for the reply and key reason of going to a Rally.

Since we retired and started travelling, the freedom to go where we want ....when we want...has been like a dream come true (compared to my corporate years of schedules, meetings, planes and hotels). The luxury of independence.....was made easier by being solo travelers. That resulted in us seeing and enjoying many wonderful places and sights in this great country, mainly across the southern U.S. from Phoenix/Tucson all the way to Naples/Key West, FL.

While a trip north to Indiana was not thought about, as full-timers we clearly now have the time and with your input a reason to go. Hopefully, you will see us at the Heartland Rally in IN.

Harlan

gasman

Camp Socializer
Harlan, don't miss out on the chapter rallies. They are smaller than the national rally but I think they are more fun. Sometimes you can get "lost in the crowd" at large events. Many chapter rallies will have 25 - 40 rigs and provide for a more intimate setting. I can't believe I am agreeing with JohnD (he is a wild man), but a rally is simply an event. The members, the friendships, the fireside conversations, are the things that make rallies memorable. As a club member, you are invited to every chapter, regional, and national rally.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Amen...my wife and I just attended the NE Regional rally in Pennsylvania-tremendous event! Our first ever after camping for over 15 years, 38 rigs/88 people and alot of good times. Since, we have booked two more for next year and we are planning to hit Goshen. Its like chicken soup for the camper...my grandma used to say, try it youll like it. I just got my new snap pads and Titan disc brakes are going on the BH in September. Sure we dont trade it in next June

-Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.