New MORryde Entry Steps

rxbristol

Thanks to Gary Powell, in a previous thread comparing Lippert and Torklift steps, he mentioned that MORryde was coming out with their own steps. I emailed the company asking when they planned to release their product because I was interested. Jack Enfield, marketing director, quickly emailed me back and said the release was imminent and within a week he sent the the attached video of their steps. A completely different design and I placed my order. If you look closely at the video, it looks like the Montana is purposely built with these steps in mind. The video is a sneak peek of the video, which they will be improving with voice and professional editing, that they'll be releasing in the near future--I was given permission to put it out to the public. I'll let you know how it works in our RV.

https://youtu.be/mhQLbjWTJLU

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Interesting. Are the treads adjustable as well?

I'm not sure how well these will work on sites with slope.

Can't wait to hear your experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

I saw the picture of this on their web page but with no video I could not grasp the design. Now that I see the video I understand what they are doing. It will be interesting to see how this retrofits on your rig.

My biggest question will be how it adapts to different slopes away from the rig. It seems like the tread are fixed which might lead to the treads not being level if the adjustable legs are not long enough.....or if the basic steps are too long causing the tread to slope the other way.

rxbristol

Interesting. Are the treads adjustable as well?

I'm not sure how well these will work on sites with slope.

Can't wait to hear your experience with them.

The treads are not adjustable, just the legs. We thought about all the places we've stayed at over the last 10 years of RVing and we couldn't think of any place where these steps would not work and the only "modification" I may have to make is for soggy ground--I will have to use those plastic pads or wood under the adjustable feet.

VKTalley

Malcolm showed these to me as we are discussing changing our stairs for something better. For us, I see two problems with this set up...
1. At some truck stops I would not be able to get in the rig as there is not enough room to deploy the stairs.
2. There are times I open the rig door to put things inside while we are traveling that I don't need in the truck.

Otherwise, it is an interesting design. I will definitely be watching this thread.

jam20ster

I'm having mixed feelings about this product. Part of me loves it, the other part says there will be adjustment issues. Love to see new products come out though, keeps others on their toes.

TravelTiger

I can also see dust, dirt, water, etc. ending up inside, as you fold them into your entryway.

Something to deal with, but may not be a big deal.

danemayer

Truck stop space, rest stop space, driveway space, narrow campground space, storage lot space. How much you encounter space limitations needs to be well considered. And it's one more thing to check before unhitching.

Given dealer lot space constraints, I wonder if dealers would stock rigs where these steps are standard.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Malcolm showed these to me as we are discussing changing our stairs for something better. For us, I see two problems with this set up...
1. At some truck stops I would not be able to get in the rig as there is not enough room to deploy the stairs.
2. There are times I open the rig door to put things inside while we are traveling that I don't need in the truck.

Otherwise, it is an interesting design. I will definitely be watching this thread.

I agree with both of these points. They would be good for a full timer in a permanent spot though. nice and sturdy.
I've been in a few pull through sights that you would be "out of luck" to get the steps down. Also for people that park along side of there house, or in a storage facility. You would have to pull it forward to get in and out of your RV. Then just think about the RV dealers if they are on a new RV there going to need a bigger lot or less unit. Just a few things I see.
I see in that video that unit has the J-wrap over where the regular step would be so I guess that is a new unit made with those steps. If you add them to a current unit what would you do with that opening ? MORE STORAGE :)

Dan beat me again :/

MTPockets

As Erika said, I too for sure wouldn't like the dirt, water, bugs, etc. falling from the steps onto my floor. If you don't move around much, maybe.

TravelTiger

They're nice..but I'll keep my Glo-Steps..They're nice too...Don

I love my GlowSteps too. I think we only can across 1 site where the slope was just a bit much and even with all the adjustments, the treads were not quite level. I think blocks under the feet would have fixed it but we were not there long enough to mess with it.

Having the 3 positions to adjust the first step really help even the step size, no matter the terrain. We've even deployed them over a curb and still had no issues.

That would be my concern with the MorRyde, the slope of the side rails determines the slant of the step tread.

mlpeloquin

I have the GloSteps. Watched the video yesterday when this was posted. Decided to sleep on it before commenting. The problem has already been mentioned. Dirt, dust, small gravel, water, and mud. Yes you can clean them up some, but another long and tedious chore to do before taking off. And what about having to go while it is raining? The bottom feet do adjust for some ground differences, but the distance is fixed firm. So again unless you are always going to a wide and level space, it may not be a good choice. If you want to set up a rig permanently in a known level paved spot, then they would work just fine.

IronJ

Oh HECK no...I'm an athletic able body person and even I cringe at the thought of dealing with that for a quick stop or pee break..

And as I think of it I like not having my stairs touch the ground...tar/mud/bugs/water...my rig already gets dirty enough with 2 doors and a 3yr old running around...

I like the wider steps....but no thanks

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I wonder how they would do on a steeply-sloped side of the road pit stop. Sometimes we MUST make one of these and would have trouble getting onto the steps. I'll look at them but the decision will come from a higher authority than I have.

sjandbj

I will stick with our Glosteps. They are adjustable and sturdy. My wife was not sure we needed them but after they showed up and I installed them she now loves them. I am not sure I like the steps folding up inside the rig. That is a big unit to move around as you travel.

Pirana

pretty cool that there is more options on the obsolete design of the folding steps! Now saying that, I was 5 minutes away from ordering a set of the rvco.com steps (they go on top of the OEM steps) and then had a mind battle between them and the Glowstep (permanently mounted)! One thing this new design is missing is the extra step...with both the Glowstep and the RVco step, they both add a fifth step to bring the rise to a more comfortable height and both give you the option of a longer and more useful handrail! So it looks like this one for me is no go...