***so aggravated at factory***

Hansel

This me VENTING at the worker or worker's that install the front cap, and lights on the Prowler line. My issue is that the driver side top running light does not fit properly because there is a piece of metal which I'm guessing is the front cross member for the roof, which causes the light and the rubber seal not too seal correctly.

You know I understand that I didn't spend 100K or more on a top of the line camper, but I bought what was is my budget, and floor plan for me and the wife.

I'm very protective of my camper, so much that we invested in a RV carport too keep it out of the elements. But what I found today as we where cleaning up after our latest trip, was what I thought "Oh" the light has popped out. What I found was a potential leak spot, and that is what PIXXXX's me off the most, my last camper fell victim too water damage which was my fault. But if I had not caught this, I could have had serious issue's, so I've done the only thing I could think of which is too try too modify the light seal, then use some silicon too seal the gasket. I'm not finished with the repair as I will run another bead after this one set's.

He is what i found and had too deal with

Attachments

• Running Light.jpg
    Running Light.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 366

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a before picture? And maybe maybe a picture of the back of the light? And a shot of that light hole from an angle?
There may be a better fix than a couple bead's of silicon.

Peace
Dave

Hansel

Do you have a before picture? And maybe maybe a picture of the back of the light? And a shot of that light hole from an angle?
There may be a better fix than a couple bead's of silicon.

Peace
Dave

No that is the only picture I have, the metal piece is within a 1/16" of touching the fiberglass cap. The only way I see fixing is running a bead of caulk, and I will go and get the dicor stuff, but even that stuff cracks after a while. It's just something I will have too keep a close eye on.

wdk450

No that is the only picture I have, the metal piece is within a 1/16" of touching the fiberglass cap. The only way I see fixing is running a bead of caulk, and I will go and get the dicor stuff, but even that stuff cracks after a while. It's just something I will have too keep a close eye on.

How about fabricating a thicker gasket using the Dicor or Eternabond tape as gasket material?
http://www.dicorproducts.com/catalog/roof-products/repair-products/diseal-sealing-tape https://www.eternabond.com

Hansel

How about fabricating a thicker gasket using the Dicor or Eternabond tape as gasket material?
http://www.dicorproducts.com/catalog/roof-products/repair-products/diseal-sealing-tape https://www.eternabond.com

I think I have some of the tape from my last camper, I've been thinking of some other fixes so much as too find plugs and take out the top running light's. My brother is coming into town later today, and he is really handy at finding fix's for stuff, plus he's a Engineer/Physicist.

mlpeloquin

Yep. Bill's got the right answer to most things. He's been there and don that on a lot of stuff. You can apply it to the back of the light and trim it to the edge of the light. Should be a clean fix. It is gray, so you could use blue painters tape and go around it with white Dicor for a clean look.

jnbhobe

I would look at trimming the aluminum piece with a dremel to get the clearance needed.

mlpeloquin

I would not trim any support piece. They don't exactly put added weight for supports in these things. Might get away with a round drilled hole centered taking a maximum of 1/3ed the height of the support. At lest that is the rule for wood beams for plumbing.

Hansel

Update on my issue, I pulled the passenger side marker light, and there is about a finger's thickness in between the metal piece and the cap, this allows proper seating of the light.

Also, someone has forwarded this topic too Heartland, and a representative send me an email offering some assistance. So I've send them my VIN# and we will see what happens, my unit build date is 8/26/2014 so when I bought it in April of 2015 so I know I'm outside of the warranty. But let's see what happen's

Hansel

Well, after several emails back and forth with a Heartland rep, I've got a possible solution. I found some marker lights that mount flush, and do not have any recess.

Hansel

Update, I ordered some marker light's that would mount over the hole, well they are just a hair too small, so back too plan "A" but I did go get some Pro Flex RV sealant, so I will just seal it with some of that, and keep a close eye on the light.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
All three yellow LED marker lights along the front top and the two lower ones (I call them 'The Eyes') fit loosely in their mounting holes, but they don't leak.

I think that is they way they are supposed to be mounted.

ProwlerInYard-P1000056.jpg ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg