EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Orange Beach - 4/28/2017 to 4/30/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
I would like to point out, if you come over the bridge , there a change per axle , I'd say come in on 59, as soon as you cross over the gulf shores bridge turn left, ,..left at red, and follow it around

For anyone unfamiliar with the area the route Emmitt36535 suggested is certainly an option. However, the traffic on HWY 59 is terrible and the turns on to Canal road (from either end) are not that friendly for big RVs. The Beach Expressway is twice as fast and the toll is pretty cheap ($5.50 for 4 axels and $6.50 for 6 if you have a toy hauler). I've gone both ways and found it a much more relaxing trip to take the expressway.

GETnBYE

For anyone unfamiliar with the area the route Emmitt36535 suggested is certainly an option. However, the traffic on HWY 59 is terrible and the turns on to Canal road (from either end) are not that friendly for big RVs. The Beach Expressway is twice as fast and the toll is pretty cheap ($5.50 for 4 axels and $6.50 for 6 if you have a toy hauler). I've gone both ways and found it a much more relaxing trip to take the expressway.
It well worth the extra 6.50. We use the other way when we are just running around without the rv.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I will arrive on the 27th and leave on the 30th. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally.
Hogan and Donna Cooper #1649 Tupelo, MS. Former proud members of AlaMissiBamaSsippi Chapter. Be there for the Docs Get together. Don't have my site assignment yet, but will report back.

Hogan

usnaviator

I will arrive on the 27th and leave on the 30th. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally.
Hogan and Donna Cooper #1649 Tupelo, MS. Former proud members of AlaMissiBamaSsippi Chapter. Be there for the Docs Get together. Don't have my site assignment yet, but will report back.

Hogan

That's great news Hogan! Glad you could join us and look forward to seeing you there.

Went by the RV park today and got me a spot for the rally, first rally in the homeland family an looking forward to it. If your planning on coming, need to jump on it, there a car show set for across the street plus the week of spring break.. just saying

as soon as you cross the bridge turn right about 400ft on the left your there..,should be able to see it from the top of the bridge.

usnaviator

Went by the RV park today and got me a spot for the rally, first rally in the homeland family an looking forward to it. If your planning on coming, need to jump on it, there a car show set for across the street plus the week of spring break.. just saying

as soon as you cross the bridge turn right about 400ft on the left your there..,should be able to see it from the top of the bridge.

Emmitt, Thats great news, we're glad you could join us! Look forward to meeting you.

I know Time is going to pass fast, and I'm looking forward to my first Rally with north trail owner club...but I still must ask, when I was with casita , at there get-togethers there was meetings and meals at night, the hold group went out to eat one afternoon,.... so I guess what I'm asking... do north trail have a meet and greet ,??......what do you do....???>.....being the first time I would like to know...I have not saw anything posted..Emmitt

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Anita & Wayne,

We have a "rally section" that consists of Sites 4,5,6, and 7, 56 thru 61, 62 thru 68, and 85, 86, and 87. Lynne (resort manager) is not assigning sites just yet but I'm sure if there is a particular site that y'all would like (in the rally section or elsewhere) she would do her best put you in it. For instance Site 8 is a nice one as it is the only lake site set up for a towable.

Paul
When I sign up I was told the would not be a rally section, it would be assign right before we show up??

danemayer

I know Time is going to pass fast, and I'm looking forward to my first Rally with north trail owner club...but I still must ask, when I was with casita , at there get-togethers there was meetings and meals at night, the hold group went out to eat one afternoon,.... so I guess what I'm asking... do north trail have a meet and greet ,??......what do you do....???>.....being the first time I would like to know...I have not saw anything posted..Emmitt

Hi Emmitt,

Heartland rallies are not specific to any of the Heartland sub-brands, like North Trail, or Bighorn (there are a lot of sub-brands). So at any Heartland Rally you can expect a wide variety of trailers, mostly all manufactured by Heartland. Occasionally an SOB (Some Other Brand) will join a rally, but that's the exception.

Activities also vary by chapter. There's generally a meet and greet evening with some type of refreshments. There's usually a dinner; often a pot luck. Sometimes there will be scheduled events, like everyone going to a local restaurant. There are game nights at some rallies, tours of Heartland rigs at some rallies, visits to local attractions, etc.

One way to get an idea about a specific rally is to look at the EVENTS tab and select a rally. Post #1 will usually detail what's planned.

Regional Rallies are larger, with a bigger budget provided by the Club, and have more activies, meals, entertainment, etc.

And the North American Rally, in Goshen, IN in June 2017, draws a few hundred rigs from all over the U.S. and Canada. Don't miss the pre-rally. Tours, Entertainment, meals, vendor seminars, special pricing on accessories, and much more.

Hi Emmitt,

Heartland rallies are not specific to any of the Heartland sub-brands, like North Trail, or Bighorn (there are a lot of sub-brands). So at any Heartland Rally you can expect a wide variety of trailers, mostly all manufactured by Heartland. Occasionally an SOB (Some Other Brand) will join a rally, but that's the exception.

Activities also vary by chapter. There's generally a meet and greet evening with some type of refreshments. There's usually a dinner; often a pot luck. Sometimes there will be scheduled events, like everyone going to a local restaurant. There are game nights at some rallies, tours of Heartland rigs at some rallies, visits to local attractions, etc.

One way to get an idea about a specific rally is to look at the EVENTS tab and select a rally. Post #1 will usually detail what's planned.

Regional Rallies are larger, with a bigger budget provided by the Club, and have more activies, meals, entertainment, etc.

And the North American Rally, in Goshen, IN in June 2017, draws a few hundred rigs from all over the U.S. and Canada. Don't miss the pre-rally. Tours, Entertainment, meals, vendor seminars, special pricing on accessories, and much more.

thank you , have not saw anything...if you don't ask, you never know

Hi Everyone, Paul & Lynda DiMauro from New Bern, NC are looking forward to making new friends at the April, 2017 HOC in Orange Beach, AL.
IMG_1797.jpg

kimdot

Hi Paul and Sheila,

We have made reservations to attend the AL rally. Will be arriving 4/27 and leaving 5/1. Please put us down for the dinner at Doc's.

usnaviator

Hi Paul and Sheila,

We have made reservations to attend the AL rally. Will be arriving 4/27 and leaving 5/1. Please put us down for the dinner at Doc's.

Kim & Dottie, We're glad you can join us for the rally and dinner at Doc's. See you in April.

usnaviator

Looking forward to our first Chapter Rally. We will arrive Friday morning and be leaving on Sunday.:)
Susan & Tim

Susan & Tim, That's great, we're glad you decided to join in the fun and we look forward to meeting y'all at the rally. While you're figuring out your travel plans be sure and consider the Mississippi rally. It follows shortly after ours and should be a great time in Biloxi.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Made reservations today to arrive on the 27th and leave on the 1st (my birthday). Planning on going to Doc's also.

Ricky & Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies.