Au Revoir

mbopp

The trailer is dead, long live the trailer!
It's a vicious cycle - bigger truck = bigger trailer. Yup, traded the 21FBS on a bigger trailer. Not that there was anything wrong with the 21FBS, but I made the mistake of saying "Hey Honey, look at this floor plan." It was all over. The dealer's finance guy was PO'd because I didn't get a loan with him. Tough.

mbopp

Yes, leaving Heartland. Got a Grand Design Imagine 2650RK. Two slides, and my wife was willing to give up the rear bath for a rear kitchen. I've been working to do all the mods needed for 2 weeks of no-hookup camping.
Has the NT for 4 years. Did a lot of embellishments to it, and just dropped $500 to get the axles re-bent for a camber problem. Somebody is going to get a nice trailer, there's not a thing wrong with it.

jbeletti

Yes, leaving Heartland. Got a Grand Design Imagine 2650RK. Two slides, and my wife was willing to give up the rear bath for a rear kitchen. I've been working to do all the mods needed for 2 weeks of no-hookup camping.
Has the NT for 4 years. Did a lot of embellishments to it, and just dropped $500 to get the axles re-bent for a camber problem. Somebody is going to get a nice trailer, there's not a thing wrong with it.

Congrats on the new RV! As long as it's what works for you guys - it's all good. I've always been curious as to how much the "behind the axle" bounce will affect the contents of the rear kitchen cabinets. Wishing you guys all the best with the new unit.

VKTalley

Congrats on the new RV! As long as it's what works for you guys - it's all good. I've always been curious as to how much the "behind the axle" bounce will affect the contents of the rear kitchen cabinets. Wishing you guys all the best with the new unit.

Jim, from someone who had a Big Country with a rear kitchen, I didn't have much movement or anything broken in the rear cabinets. It's all in how you place things.

MikeR

We have a 2014 Big Country 2950RK. We weren't necessarily looking for a rear kitchen when shopping. We were looking for a unit 35' or under. Once we saw the floorplan and length of our unit, we knew it was what we wanted. The rear kitchen lay out is wonderful, lots of cabinets and counter space. We have had no problems with rear bounce damage to anything in the kitchen. I agree that it is how and where you pack items.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Our Trail Runner 22RK had the rear kitchen . . .

Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

That was the reason we bought it as Cathy likes to cook, and she liked all the wide open space, although after actually using it realized that the counter space was lacking.

We never had an issue with stuff bouncing around out of the cabinets, but it did make it rear-end heavy and I've always felt that all that weight back there made the trailer sway very easily.

I also think that with the refrigerator on the back wall it was more important than ever to have the trailer level side to side (after seeing that seminar at the Tucson Rally about the fridge safety unit I think I now know why we could never keep ice creme in that freezer).

I am typing this from the rear living room couch of our Heartland Prowler while camping at Blue Mesa, Colorado.