Bighorn NAME (Traveler)

rhodies1

Just received latest addition of Trailer Life magazine and see Heartland has a add for a Bighorn Traveler 5th wheel. Is this a new model in the Bighorn line up,an upgrade version,a downgrade version or just a rebrand of the current Bighorn name.No details or specs in the add.
thanks....

sengli

Re: Bighorn. NAME

Toured a couple of these units at a show last week. They really look great. I didnt think they were all that less attractive than the regular big horns, but were approximately $15-20K less. The ones we saw were in the mid 50's for pricing.

Last edited:

BigGuy82

Toured a couple of these units at a show last week. They really look great. I didnt think they were all that less attractive than the regular big horns, but were approximately $15-20K less.

15-20K is a huge difference - I wonder what was shaved off to do this.

BigGuy82

** Post deleted **

Dick - I've deleted your post as I felt it was more of a "public shaming" post against Heartland RVs on a Heartland owned forum.

The discourse here on the HOF need not be all roses, but there is a line. Hoping you'll understand my decision for this social media channel.

Jim
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

I remember the Ford LTD. Good big car with a good reputation. Then there was the marketing people and the Ford LTD II. Not the same and wasn't a success. People actually thought it was a LTD. Ford took a hit on sales. A black eye for Ford. Make something different and don't give it a similar name.

MTPockets

I agree with the train of thought here. Many companies "changed" the formula that made them successful, only to regret it later when sales fell off; then blamed other factors on their demise.

BigGuy82

Anybody remember "New Coke"? Shortly thereafter, Pepsi's market share popped. Hmmmm - wonder why ...

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

We have a 2014 Silverado. In 2013 it was labeled the Bighorn Silverado and in 14 just the Silverado. In 2015 it became the Oakmont and fell into the middle of the full profile models. It looks on the website like this is what the Traveler is. I don't know why they added the Bighorn name to it other than trying to up sales with name recognition.

Noofear

I own a 2015 Bighorn 3875 FB and I'm sure a lot of other Bighorn owners as well as myself maybe concerned about what this will do to our trade-in or resale values.

As others have noted, the second edition is not always better. The Ford Bronco which I had one, won hands down IMO over the Bronco II.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Well, personally I think we need to wait and see. What I hope is for an elevated BigHorn that goes up a noticeable notch. We have not heard anything about significant BigHorn changes since Tom Montague took over. Remember what he did to elevate Landmark into the 365.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Bighorn got the elite models with the high roofs like the landmarks. Chris

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I'm sure a lot of other Bighorn owners as well as myself maybe concerned about what this will do to our trade-in or resale values.
Ford made the Galaxy 500 then came out with a Pinto, still a Ford. I don't think the Galaxy 500 resale value suffered.
And Ford is still in business.

Peace
Dave

Noofear

It's my understanding that the traveler will be 15 to $20,000 less I don't see how this could be an upgrade whatsoever.

BigGuy82

It's my understanding that the traveler will be 15 to $20,000 less I don't see how this could be an upgrade whatsoever.

That's because it's not an upgrade. It's a clear cheapening of the brand to make gullible future buyers think they are getting something they are not.

Typicsl cheap marketing ploy. Probably a move made by a marketing VP who learned that tactic in his MBA classes.