Considering a North Peak many questions

Steven.M

Hello and nice forum. I recently ran across North Peak and there is not much info on them. The only info I have found is here and what Heartland has on their site. I have done no talking with Heartland or a salesman yet. I am going to trade in my current rig on a new one in a few months. I was set on another brand then saw the NP26 RL and struck my coursity. I need to see one but first since there is this cool forum I'll pick your brains if ya don't mind.

Questions I have are:

How is roof constructed? Framing, under laying wood and what type covering?

How is flooor constructed? Framing and what kind wood is used?

How is craftsmanship with regards to electric wires. Wonder if it is done as a union electrician or a rats nest looking wire job that was done very poorly? My current rig has a badly done wire job.

Wonder if cabinets are constructed with screws and glue.

What type frame is used? I beam or tube?

One last for now. This is tough one for me and is weighing on my brain. Would being a house brand for Camping World have any bearings on quality? Would CW tell HL to trow some junk together, or HL trow junk together and let CW deal with headaches? I am just asking not saying anything just throwing a thought out.

I may have more questions as my search continues and I will pre thank everybody for any insight and assistance as I work through the stress of deciding on a new rig.

One other thing I noticed is HL has a decent communtiy and seems fairy active. That is a cool thing.

Thanks folks.
Seven.M

danemayer

Hi Steven.M,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The basic construction and base features of the North Peak are probably very similar to a Heartland brand sold by non-Camping World dealers. No doubt CW asks for some customization so the North Peak is differentiated from what's on the dealer lot 2 miles down the road. This happens quite a bit, even in the mainstream lineup. For example, Cyclone and Road Warrior are very similar, built on the same production line, but provide enough differentiation that a Cyclone dealer can have territorial exclusivity even though there's a Road Warrior dealer a few miles away.

Perhaps a North Peak owner can chime in to answer some of your other questions. If not, you might take a look at the Heartland lineup to see which model the North Peak is based on. The sales material on that brand will probably be a good guide.

It's not that far from Kentucky to Elkhart, IN You might just give the factory a call and see if you can get a tour of the manufacturing line where North Peak is made. 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for North Peak Sales.

Steven.M

Thanks for input danemayer.
After looking more deeper I see the Sundance XLT 267 RL has same floorplan and basically exact specs as the North Peak. Suspecting that is the base they used.

The North Peak 26 RL is the rig that caught my attention.

Justa960

Good morning, we also have many questions about the North Peak, although possibly too late? We have agreed to purchase a 28RS, from the local CW. Hopefully picking up this friday. as you mentioned, not much information out there, just rather generic specs. This is our first 5th wheel, after 2 tagalongs, most recent an Openrange Light that was stolen from the dealers lot while in for repairs! We are impatient waiting on delivery! it caught our eye on the way out of the dealer. We liked the floor plan, weight for first 5th wheel, price reasonable, and generally like it, although wife would prefer a different color, but seems most rvs are coming in some variation of "brown", for some reason,
is there a model specific owners manuel available? I am afraid even the dealer will not be very familiar with this unit. looking forward to several years with it!

danemayer

Hi justa960,

Congratulations on your new North Peak and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland has somewhat generic manuals that come with the trailer. You can download a copy here.

We have a number of additional resources on the forum, including a large collection of manufacturer manuals covering subsystems and appliances, along with some owner-written User Guides that address common questions. You can get to them from the earlier links or from the TOOLS tab at top of the page.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I looked at a couple of North Peak 5'vers at CW a couple of weeks ago and thought they were pretty nice little units.

Didn't know what brand it was until I looked it up when I got home and was surprised when I found out it was a new Heartland brand.