New owner of a used 2015 Sundance 3300CK checking in!

Picked it up Saturday, only has about 200 miles on it. People lived in it for about 3 months decided they couldn't do it, then stored it till now. Sadly, before storing they didn't fully flush the tanks so the smell once we got rolling was..... interesting.... just squeezed it into my backyard and ready to start cleaning it up! Definitely going to add a ductless 2nd AC though, it was 103 here yesterday and the ducted AC just wasn't keeping up.

danemayer

Hi waygeekierthanu,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Sundance and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh yea, I've already used the forum a ton in the last few days. One of the more interesting ideas was to use the dryer vent and just put a floor standing AC in there (which I have in my garage already anyway). I just can't bring myself to drill a 4" hole in the side of my brand new 5er......

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh yea, I've already used the forum a ton in the last few days. One of the more interesting ideas was to use the dryer vent and just put a floor standing AC in there (which I have in my garage already anyway). I just can't bring myself to drill a 4" hole in the side of my brand new 5er......

Welcome to the Heartland family!

Drilling a hole for the dryer vent is not too difficult, if you make sure you are not hitting a stud or wiring beforehand. Search for dryer vent and I am sure there's instructions for how to do it. Really, cutting into the exterior fiberglass is the hardest part. You'll need to be able to work from the inside first and then the outside with the proper drill bit.

Then you end up with this!

52748589ab63db3c30494b040ed59b26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Start the keyhole saw in reverse on the outside fiberglass and you can score the fiberglass without cracking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

Congrats! If they didn't dump/sanitize the black tank, they probably haven't looked at the caulking, much less maintain it. Make sure you go over the caulking with care - leaking doesn't make for a good day for anyone.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congrats on the Sundance. You could join us the So Cal rally in October in Temecula and show off you new coach. We still have few sites left. All the info is in the "events" column on the portal page. Scroll down and click on "Temecula". Love to have you here. You will meet some of the best people and get plenty of food and all the info you can stand.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yup!

Bob & Patty are pretty cool!

They were our neighbors at the 2016 Tucson Rodeo HOC Rally . . . and he adorned me with the hard hat shown in my avatar shot!

And they still like me, too!

We are a fun bunch of people and the HOC Rallies are a hoot!

Once you go to one . . . you'll never want to miss another!