EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Port Clinton - 8/16/2017 to 8/20/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel_doberman

Lynette, Greyson and I will not be attending this year. We have never hid that we had to have IVF to have our son Greyson. We did another cycle and Lynette was 10 weeks along. We just found out she has had a miscarriage. She will need to have a procedure done next week. I'm sorry to say we can't come, but please keep us in your prayers during this time.

Kbvols

Shawn, truly sorry to hear. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well with procedure. We'll look forward to hopefully seeing you all next year.

Mike-n-Justina

Mike and I are so sorry to hear that. We will miss you guys and will keep you in our thoughts. Hope to see you guys next year.

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
Shawn,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both during this difficult time. You will be missed. See you next year.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Weekend before the Rally. Already informed Connie that I will soon go into pre Band Camp mode.

She knows what that means. :rolleyes:

simsfmly

Starting to get serious, i.e., the budget and the grocery list are starting to get finalized.

I've updated the ever changing schedule on the first post. Please remember, at the bottom of the sheet is always the "last modified" date. The latest one supercedes all previous.

A couple of changes/updates.

• Thursday: we're going to plan on leaving the park around 8:30a and catch the 9:00a Ferry for those of you going to Put In Bay.
  • Friday: There will be no breakfast served by the club, just can't fit anything else in the budget. Also, the participation level has dropped to the point where they can't offer us the group tour/tasting and dinner option. We will go out to dinner that night. They don't take reservations at Mon Ami, but here's the menu. If you'd like to join us, that's great. If not, and you'd like to go somewhere else, let me know or we can all decide at the park. It's sounding like EVERYONE is flexible which I appreciate, but 20 people saying "I don't care" provides it's own problems.
  • Saturday: What the club will be providing for breakfast and dinner is in the schedule (which is attached to the first post). Perch and fries are the basic menu. We will welcome any carry in dishes that would go with that, and I know Mark Comer, along with others, would appreciate any and all desserts.

We will be having a 50/50 raffle that Mike and Justina will be spear heading.

I couldn't come up with anything for the Heartlanders give back in this area, so we won't be having any donations in that regards.

I think that's it for now. Looking forward to seeing everyone this coming week.

simsfmly

Just talked to the Miller Ferry people about the ferry over on Thursday. We've dropped to 18 guests; group rate starts at 20. Going to have to pay the regular price, so I'm going to have to collect an additional $2 per person from everyone for tickets before leaving on Thursday morning. <sigh>

simsfmly

Got the camp's schedule for the weekend that I'm attaching to this post.

Attachments

• ACTIVITIES FOR AUGUST 18th.pdf
    149.2 KB · Views: 9

simsfmly

Just talked to the Miller Ferry people about the ferry over on Thursday. We've dropped to 18 guests; group rate starts at 20. Going to have to pay the regular price, so I'm going to have to collect an additional $2 per person from everyone for tickets before leaving on Thursday morning. <sigh>

UPDATE: Worked with the ferry higher ups and we'll get the $2 discount. Disregard the upcharge, everyone's already paid.

See you soon.

Buckeye

Hello to all, Hope everyone is enjoying the rally in Port Clinton. Although family circumstances prevented us from making the rally this year, we still may try to make it to Lake Erie later in the fall. What are your impressions of Cedarlane RV park? Any RV. sites better than others and how are the facilities? I believe the park shuts down in mid October. Thanks in advance for any and all responses. Enjoy the fish fry tomorrow.

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes that goes for us as well. We were unfortunately unable to go as well and it sounds like a interesting park we hope everyone is enjoying the rally and wish we could be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well the Rally is coming to a close and it has been a great time. I would like to thank everyone here for making me welcome.

Here is a group photo taken this evening..
DSC_1222.jpg

If you would like to see a few other photos click on this link. Rally Photos

BC

jnbhobe

Connie and Bob, thanks for a fun rally we enjoyed our stay. It was great to meet new people and put faces with names. Also a shout out to all your helpers they did a great job. Jon and Patti

simsfmly

Thanks
  • to everyone who chose our Rally to spend their time. It's truly appreciated
  • to everyone who took time out of their rally time, and open up their sites for gatherings
  • to everyone who donated their rally time and equipment to cook, provide shade, provide snacks so that others could enjoy

Wish everyone safe travels and the hopes that if we don't see you on the road somewhere in the coming year, we'll see you at next year's Rally August 16-19th.

Please, stay in touch.

Now, I'm going to get back to figuring out what all goes with tartar sauce.

Kbvols

Connie and Bob

Thank you both for hosting a great rally. Kim and I had a great time. The island trip was awesome, Mon Ami was fantastic and best of all was seeing old friends and making new one! Hope everyone made it home or to their next destination safely.

Keith

simsfmly

For those of you who would like the perch pancake batter recipe:

For each pound (about 6 butterflies or 12 singles) of perch

1 cup flour
1 tsp of garlic salt
2 cups pancake mix (dry)
1 egg
2 tbs melted butter
12 oz of milk (this was a substitute. I usually use a can of room temp beer, but I didn't think the HOC poobahs would let me write off beer on the expense report).

Note: This is my usually pan fry recipe. Obviously, with the bulk we did, we dropped them into hot oil.

Combine the pancake mix, egg, melted butter, and milk. Beat till well mixed. Refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes. If your filets are already in a cooler, just put it in a gallon bag and add it to the cooler.

Wash fillets with cold water. Dry the filets with paper towels.

Put the flour, garlic salt in a plastic bag and mix well. Add the perch filets to the plastic bag and shake to coat the filets with seasoned flour.

In a large frying pan, canola oil, 1/4 inch deep, to about 375 degrees. (If you're going to deep fry, we found 325 to be a better temp).

Take the floured filets and dip one by one, into the batter to coat, and carefully place the filet into the hot oil.

Fry filets till golden brown on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.