EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Port Clinton - 8/16/2017 to 8/20/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc1701e

I notice another couple was showing they were assigned site #650 also. Dropped a note to the campground and I asked them to clarify who was were. Did not want a feud at the rally. 😁

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
If you've signed up for the Ohio Rally, watch your PM box this week. Going to be starting the process of getting thoughts for all of our optional "outings".

diesel_doberman

Okay, Lynette and I will be planning to go to African safari wildlife park. It is a park that you can drive through and the animals will come up to your car. We were hand feeding zebra and giraffes when we went to one in Texas. We really want to take Greyson. Below is the website. If enough people want to go it cuts the price almost in half in we have 10 people.

http://www.africansafariwildlifepark.com

simsfmly

Just talked to the park this afternoon. As of today (June 20, 2017 @ 4p ET), there are 5 sites left that will accommodate 33' and up rigs which are water and electric only.

Kbvols

Just talked to the park this afternoon. As of today (June 20, 2017 @ 4p ET), there are 5 sites left that will accommodate 33' and up rigs which are water and electric only.
Wow I am surprised they still have sites available. This a great area with alot of things to do. Looking forward to hitting the Island and some Lake Erie Perch!

simsfmly

Got this today:

"I was able to book the last site, in the park, for your rally. We will be in 156. Arriving Tuesday, 15th and leaving Sunday, 20th. After returning from Goshen decided to look around for a rally close to home, since we live across the lake in Ontario.
The agenda look exciting especially the perch fry."

Welcome to
Harold and Mollie Wall!

Sniper

Got this today:

"I was able to book the last site, in the park, for your rally. We will be in 156. Arriving Tuesday, 15th and leaving Sunday, 20th. After returning from Goshen decided to look around for a rally close to home, since we live across the lake in Ontario.
The agenda look exciting especially the perch fry."

Welcome to
Harold and Mollie Wall!
FANTASTIC! Welcome Harold and Mollie! :)

diesel_doberman

So how many people does this add up to? I am bring my smoker! I will bring 2 pork shoulder for some pulled pork on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

So how many people does this add up to? I am bring my smoker! I will bring 2 pork shoulder for some pulled pork on Saturday.

Smoked meats? Wish I could be there! Taking a look at the attendees list in post #1 of this thread (link) - looks like you're up to 24 people as of today. Plenty of pulled pork with 2 butts :)

simsfmly

Smoked meats? Wish I could be there! Taking a look at the attendees list in post #1 of this thread (link) - looks like you're up to 24 people as of today. Plenty of pulled pork with 2 butts :)

Shawn, The President is close, but math wasn't his strongest suit. He's in Europe now, and I think 14 rigs x 2 equals 24 there, but here in Ohio it's 28 (plus your little guy).

Very kind of you to offer to bring your smoker. My traveling one died a horrible, rusty death over the winter. I have one for here at our site (and one in Texas) that unfortunately can't travel.

diesel_doberman

A rusty death means it lived to a ripe old age. I had one that lived a wild life and died in a fiery of fire and flames. He died at a young age but lived a wild life. Hahaha

simsfmly

If anybody has a Turkey Fryer they can bring, let me know. Don't know that I will need it, but would like to know if one or two are available.

Also, it worked out really well last year to have some EZ up canopies so if you have one, please bring it. I'll tolerate U of Tennessee, but anything U of M will have to be repaired after the rally.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
If anybody has a Turkey Fryer they can bring, let me know. Don't know that I will need it, but would like to know if one or two are available.

Also, it worked out really well last year to have some EZ up canopies so if you have one, please bring it. I'll tolerate U of Tennessee, but anything U of M will have to be repaired after the rally.

I'll bring a turkey fryer, but u nixed my easy up

simsfmly

I'll bring a turkey fryer, but u nixed my easy up

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know closer to time if I need it.

Actually, you and another of our members would be in the majority with that screaming Orange Vols T EZ up. The Maize and Blue stuff will mysteriously be damaged overnight.

simsfmly

Got a couple of fryers on standby. Thanks for the offers.

Check your PM box, my next task is to make golf cart reservations for the island, and I want to know who wants to ride with whom. If you indicated you were going to PIB, you got a PM.

Thanks again for everyone's prompt responses, making things easy on me.

diesel_doberman

No one replied about the safari BUT! Groupon has tickets for only 8 and 10 dollars per person.... Lynette and I just got ours. We did the 10$ ticket just in case we went on Saturday. Just an FYI. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.