iRV34 Radio Problem

dreamer

I have a new Sundance. Problems with radio.

How do I turn on the backlighting for the clock on when the clock/radio is turned off? I should be able to see the time even though the radio isn't going.

The manual advice to reset the radio settings by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds does not work.

The "press and hold" the clock button to turn the display indication and button illumination off or on does not work.

Does anyone have contact information for iRV so I can talk to them directly?

Any advice?

Thanks!!!

danemayer

Hi dreamer,

This unit has a built in clock that can display the time when
any button is pressed and a sleep timer that turns off the
radio for you.
Based on this statement from the iRV34 manual, I would say that the clock display is not designed to stay illuminated. I'd guess this is a power saving measure since the radio runs on 12V DC and a constantly illuminated clock face would draw more battery power.

BobX2

Hi dreamer,

Based on this statement from the iRV34 manual, I would say that the clock display is not designed to stay illuminated. I'd guess this is a power saving measure since the radio runs on 12V DC and a constantly illuminated clock face would draw more battery power.
I would agree. Mine is the same way.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
On my iRV34 manual, page 7, CLock....press this to see time. This function works in all modes and even when the unit is turned off. Press to change to the clock display. Press and hold to turn the display indication and button illumination off or on.