Question on W/D areas

RVFun4Us

My husband & I are looking at the floorplans for Big Horns. We are noticing some models only say w/d prep or w/d closet, others say Stackable w/d. Just to clarify... if it does not say stackable will these models not accomodate stackable units?
Thank you so much for any replies.
Sheri & Bob D
Oregon
2003 Cougar 295

cjbearden

Visitor
When we started looking to upgrade, stackables were a MUST on our list. We wanted the BH 3670 at first but getting a stackable into the closet would have called for several modifications and I didn't think I would like working with the laundry in such a confined area (with doors of w/d facing our clothes in a crammed closet). Camping World, Katy, TX says they have put stackables in the 3670 but haven't seen one after it has been done. Any of those owners on the forum, please chime in.

Floorplans showing the stackable in the closet next to the commode room and on side wall is a good way to go.

We opted to go with the Augusta because we have separate doors for the w/d facing into the bedroom beside the large main closet. Love it!!! Did have to make sure the tech properly braced the w/d in place so be sure to check stability no matter which way you go. Plus, we asked for metal vent on outside of RV rather than the standard plastic. Metal vent on our first BH (which had a combo w/d - too small) was great. Metal vent put on the Augusta is not what we expected and we are having it replaced next Wed. (Too easily bent and kept the flapper door open - not a good thing because we do not want unwelcome guests showing up).

Since we took possession of the Augusta on 6/20/08, I have washed every day except one. No more wrinkled clothes and I can wash two king sized sheets plus pillow cases at one time - Hallelujah!

Good luck on your decision and enjoy whatever you decide.

caissiel

We have been using the splendide 2100 vented. The load for the dryer is smaller but the ease of use and space sure outshines the stackables, The splendide rotates at 1200 Rpm and the drying time is cut down. We have layed some clothes not dried on the sofa and the next morning its completly dried. We will never be without a washer and the 3500RL BC layout suits us best.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
To answer your question..Yes, if it does not say "stackable" then it will only accommodate a combination W/D. All of the larger units, however, have now been redesigned to allow for the stackables in the bedroom closet with louvered doors facing into the bedroom. Some of the smaller units will still only accommdate the combos...