Heartland vs Grand Design? RW427 vs Momentum Toy Hauler

Bink

Well, hello Bink....nice to see you here besides the CommanderForum....great to know your with the RW team Buddy!

Awesome to see you here too! How's that Mander holding up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tncamper

We bought a new RW427 the end of May. We have been living in it full time with 2 year old and 2 dogs. I did a ton of research and walked through a lot of RVs. Our must haves were:
Full size fridge
Bath tub for 2 year old
side patio for the dogs
We were convinced we wanted the cyclone 4200 but we couldn't find any to walk through nearby. I saw the floor plan of the 427 and had my husband drive 2 hours to walk through. He spent 5 minutes in it and put a deposit down. We picked it up a week later. Being full timers that like to cook we needed a large kitchen and counter space. I need to have my coffee pot, vitamix etc on the counter at all times. I wish the bathroom was bigger but I know we made the right decision for us. The king bed is the right size but the mattress is horrible so we bought a topper and it works fine now. We have a washer/dryer in the toy hauler and love it! There is plenty of space for my wild 2 year old to run around. He loves the patios and we have his crib in the toy hauler. We use the loft for storage. I have yet to find and RV that I like better for having a son and dogs. An island in the kitchen just took away too much space. And I would never have an RV without a side patio! That is the biggest life saver of all.

Good luck with your decision- I would be happy to answer any questions

Taralr

We bought a new RW427 the end of May. We have been living in it full time with 2 year old and 2 dogs. I did a ton of research and walked through a lot of RVs. Our must haves were:
Full size fridge
Bath tub for 2 year old
side patio for the dogs
We were convinced we wanted the cyclone 4200 but we couldn't find any to walk through nearby. I saw the floor plan of the 427 and had my husband drive 2 hours to walk through. He spent 5 minutes in it and put a deposit down. We picked it up a week later. Being full timers that like to cook we needed a large kitchen and counter space. I need to have my coffee pot, vitamix etc on the counter at all times. I wish the bathroom was bigger but I know we made the right decision for us. The king bed is the right size but the mattress is horrible so we bought a topper and it works fine now. We have a washer/dryer in the toy hauler and love it! There is plenty of space for my wild 2 year old to run around. He loves the patios and we have his crib in the toy hauler. We use the loft for storage. I have yet to find and RV that I like better for having a son and dogs. An island in the kitchen just took away too much space. And I would never have an RV without a side patio! That is the biggest life saver of all.

Good luck with your decision- I would be happy to answer any questions

Thank you for your input, great to hear! After A LOT of research we also decided that the 427 is our best fit & we're really excited to be picking ours up in a couple weeks! We'll also be in it full time, and we're looking forward to similar things - the large kitchen & counter space, large fridge, side deck, w/d in the 'garage' (not the master closet), and just a large enough living area in general for a family to move around in comfortably! We also could not find a better floorplan for what we needed for our family :)

pavetim

I'm looking at the 427 too. I looked at the CY4200 but what i didn't like about that one is you have a nice big patio door, overlooking the mountains but he counter covers half the door. It's poorly laid out, the RW427 has full view though.