2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Pre-Rally Tours

jbeletti

UPDATE - 7-Sep
---------------------------------------------------
Hello Las Vegas Rally Attendees!

The 3 Pre-Rally tours are "ready-to-roll"! Emails have been sent to all registered rally attendees. Here's a link to a web-based version of that email. Apologies that everyone was addressed as Jon :)

UPDATE - 6-Sep

The 3 Pre-Rally tours are 99% finalized! To see them, please follow this link to the Rally Guide, then click on Pre-Rally Tours.

Note that none of the links in the fliers for the 3 tours are active, nor are we taking registrations for them just yet. We expect to being taking registrations for them in by the end of this week. An email will be sent out to all registered attendees with registration instructions.

After reviewing the pre-rally tours, circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

ORIGINAL POST - 31-Aug

We're in the process of finalizing 3 Pre-Rally tours. Please follow this link to the Rally Guide, then click on Pre-Rally Tours.

Circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

Last edited:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Re: 2016 Las Vegas Rally - Pre-Rally Tours

Amy is interested in the Hover dam tour that means I'm interested too:confused:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
On tapatalk, the link takes me to a page about Jim on vacation in 2007. I'll check in the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

On tapatalk, the link takes me to a page about Jim on vacation in 2007. I'll check in the computer.

X2. But this happens all the time with Tapatalk on my smartphone. At least Jim could put pics of his 2007 vacation on that thread!

jbeletti

Wow - this is really weird! On all forum threads where I linked to specific rally articles on the Club website, for Tapatalk users, the links all resolve to a 2007 forum post. As a temporary solution, I edited that 2007 forum post and added a link to the Club website.

Lou_and_Bette

Jim, Bette says we are interested in all the tours. Tour one, if it turns out to be an evening tour as that is our arrival day; tour two good to go any time; and tour three she would be by herself because I am playing golf but I'm sure Dave and Amy would be happy to watch out for her. LOL

pegmikef

Peggy and I are planning on taking all three of the tours. They look like an excellent way to see a lot of the popular sites and it leaves the driving to someone else . . . perfect! Many thanks to Jim and all the folks that are instrumental in planning and organizing this rally and these events.

dlw930

The tours look great, Jim! I'm sure we'll take in at least two of them. On a side note, the last time I was in Vegas and took in the Strip, Vegas Highlights and Hoover Dam Greyline tour was during the Oct. 1987 stock market crash. Between that and my blackjack luck, it was a memorable and educational experience!

kkamshop

Re: UPDATED: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Pre-Rally Tours

Jim or Julie, we will be coming through the Hoover Dam area that Wednesday morning on our way to the rally. If we should happen to be there when you all arrive would it be ok for us to buy a ticket and tag along with the group for the tour?

jbeletti

Jim or Julie, we will be coming through the Hoover Dam area that Wednesday morning on our way to the rally. If we should happen to be there when you all arrive would it be ok for us to buy a ticket and tag along with the group for the tour?

Hi Ken and Kathy - we are only offering the tour tickets in one fashion and it includes bus the transport cost. That said, I don't want to dissuade you from touring Hoover Dam. I suggest you just buy your tickets when you get there. You may see our group - you may not. Just depends on your timing. You've likely already done this, but I'm curious whether they allow RVs in the parking lot there.

In any event, I look forward to seeing you guys at a venue outside the Midwest :)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

To the best of my knowledge you cannot drive an RV across Hoover Dam anymore. You have to take the bypass below the dam. Trace

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Jim,
I was attempting to sign up for a tour. When I finally get to the MS Word link, I can't access it. The "LINK" is blue, but it won't go anywhere. I don't get the hand that appears over a link, I only have the curser arrow. Any ideas? Thanks, Trace

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Jim,
I was attempting to sign up for a tour. When I finally get to the MS Word link, I can't access it. The "LINK" is blue, but it won't go anywhere. I don't get the hand that appears over a link, I only have the curser arrow. Any ideas? Thanks, Trace

Trace, Hope this helps...Copied from post #1

UPDATE - 6-Sep

The 3 Pre-Rally tours are 99% finalized! To see them, please follow this link to the Rally Guide, then click on Pre-Rally Tours.

Note that none of the links in the fliers for the 3 tours are active, nor are we taking registrations for them just yet. We expect to being taking registrations for them in by the end of this week. An email will be sent out to all registered attendees with registration instructions.

Lou_and_Bette

Signed Bette up for Hoover Dam Tour, hopefully correctly ��

OOPS, as usual, in a hurry and didn't read info Dave pointed out. The registration editing seemed to work for me but who knows when it comes to this techy stuff