A toy hauler that I can't haul with

Bwhntr247

Was really liking the RW 427 but with a cargo weight of only #3300 pounds I can't really put much in it. My fresh water tank and Harley is half of that. I'm kind stumped by this, I know most are over but this is not much to start with...

Sarge

Same here. The 362RW is only rated for 1600lbs of cargo.

I'm beginning to think they are guidelines - Not the actual max...

Sarge

Sniper

Our Cyclone has a max weight of #14,000lbs, with a dry weight of #11,162 which means we have #2838 of weight we can safely add. Now in the garage area there is a big warning label that says "DO NOT EXCEED 2500lbs in the CARGO AREA". So if we ever did load 2500lbs in that area (and we never have), that would leave only 338lbs of "other" stuff to put us at the max weight rating of our toy hauler. We haul 2 Harleys with us everywhere we go (1390 lbs), however we never haul with any water in the holding tank (never had a need to), or more than 5 gals in the fuel tank. There is a whole lot of of figuring that goes in to a purchase of one of these things. You can find toy haulers out there that have a lot more cargo carrying capacity, but you give up a lot in the living space, room, comfort, and quality of materials. We searched, and searched, even studied on getting a motorhome, and pulling a enclosed trailer with our bikes, and the Commanders Lincoln in it. We are very, very happy with our Cyclone, and haven't wished one time that we had purchased anything different. Good luck. :)

Bwhntr247

Thanks for the response we plan on full timing and doing quite a bit of dry camping which means lots of added stuff. Plan on hauling the Harley and a bad boy buggy so not left with a lot of extra weight. Really like the layout and quality of the Heartlands but may have to look at other options. I know that my TT was always over loaded but it would be nice to have at least 4k of cargo before I'm over.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would call and ask for A.J. Jones at HL Corporate. He is the GM for TH'ers and ask him the real story on weights for the garage. Keep in mind, the weights listed on the HL website are for standard coach with out many options. The weights on dealer stock unit's will have the real empty weights as it left the plant depending on installed option's. There will be a yellow sticker on the entry door frame.

IronJ

Good luck getting 4k of cargo and 2 patios...or more than 2 slides....kinda like buying a loaded truck....all the bling eats up payload....

Mine says 2650 WITH TANKS FULL...

Stickers may vary, but I never travel with full water....If needed I'll fill up close to destination..

That's 930lbs of water!!

6f57645e8bd5adfef786e025db7abace.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

avvidclif

Never really looked but mine shows 2626 with empty tanks and 1600+ with full tanks. 110g of water is heavy. I know with the bike, no water, and our usual loadout it weighed 15,100. I guess I could only carry 1/2 tank of water since the GVWR is 15,500. Yeah right. From a different angle the 15,100 had 3100 on the pin so I had 12000 on 14k worth of axles and ~16k of tires.

U2fletch

We have a Cyclone 3110 and it is similar. I can load the big bike ( Yamaha Stratoliner) and no water, or when we have to boondock at the track with my race bike (CBR600RR), load up about 2/3 in the fresh water tank. Either config is close to our max load. I know some individuals swapped out their 7k axles for 8k axles, which can give you a little more load, but not sure how the garage limitation factors into that.

IronJ

Never really looked but mine shows 2626 with empty tanks and 1600+ with full tanks. 110g of water is heavy. I know with the bike, no water, and our usual loadout it weighed 15,100. I guess I could only carry 1/2 tank of water since the GVWR is 15,500. Yeah right. From a different angle the 15,100 had 3100 on the pin so I had 12000 on 14k worth of axles and ~16k of tires.
Ahh..I wonder if calculating cargo capacity is supposed to include water,??? mine clearly says WITH fresh water full (hot and cold)...so I carry 20 gallons of water which Is plenty for a drive (150ish lbs)...so I still have 3300lbs of cargo..

But I'm riding on 21k of axle and 24.6 of tire...even with the ducati , my grom, 2 48v scooters and my wife's clothes hoard I've bearly hit 19885 on the scales with 1/2 tank of fresh?

Guess it varies by floorplan....

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

My theory is, if it will Hook to my truck I'll pull it... if anything bad happens let the insurance company worry about it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

danemayer

My theory is, if it will Hook to my truck I'll pull it... if anything bad happens let the insurance company worry about it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There may be things that can happen from being overweight that might not be covered by your insurance. Like damage to the suspension, or even possibly damage to the frame. Your insurance might regard these as wear and tear issues.