2016 - Las Vegas - Tour the Heartlands (owner rig tours)

jbeletti

Hello Las Vegas Rally Attendees!

We are pleased to announce that a Pre-Rally item has been added that the organizers are calling "Tour of the Heartlands".

On-Tour-color.jpg

Tour some HOC Member’s Rigs that will be on display for viewing. Get ideas and check out some of the creative modifications and decorations that others have done. Get inspired while meeting others and sharing stories!

Please follow this link to the Rally Guide, then click on Tour the Heartlands or click here to download the flier.

Circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello Las Vegas Rally Attendees!

THIS ITEM IS BEING WORKED ON

We are pleased to announce that a Pre-Rally item has been added that the organizers are calling "Tour of the Heartlands".

Tour some HOC Member’s Rigs that will be on display for viewing. Get ideas and check out some of the creative modifications and decorations that others have done. Get inspired while meeting others and sharing stories!

Details to follow soon!

THIS ITEM IS BEING WORKED ON

Please follow this link to the Rally Guide, then click on Tour the Heartlands.

Circle back here to this thread to ask questions, plan and discuss this item.

We won't be at Las Vegas, but just wanted to chime in that this is really fun and a cool way to get to see lots of other's rigs. We've participated in this at a few rallies, and really enjoy it!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Erika this will be our very first rally. So we have no idea what to expect.
Do you have any tips or advice for us first timer's ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerrod, all I can say is.......brace yourself cause Floyd will be there. He is the social butterfly of the bunch.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Tour the 'Heartlands' . . .

Oh, I thought that meant a day trip to Kansas . . . :p

DOH!

TravelTiger

Erika this will be our very first rally. So we have no idea what to expect.
Do you have any tips or advice for us first timer's ?

Jarrod, you mean your first National rally, right?

Well I recall our first one, we attended many of the seminars. It's good to hear direct from the manufacturers of the components used in our rigs. Ask questions.

Be sure to look over the schedule of events each day and pick which ones you really want to go to, so you don't miss them while "visiting". Gals, there's cool stuff for you, too!

Make sure to attend any pre-rally events that Jim lines up, the experiences are usually worth far more than the price you pay. It's really nice when there's a bus provided, so no one has to drive!

Check out vendors that attend the rally for good deals, especially if labor is included.

Get your rig weighed, washed, waxed, carpet cleaned, etc. -- those vendors come to you and make it really easy!

Don't expect to take a walk, walk your dog, or ride your bike/cart without stopping to visit every 10 feet.

Do get out and walk/bike/ride to meet new folks!

If you have a project you need help with, just stand outside with a toolbox open and scratch your head, someone will be helping in no time. +20 more to watch.

Be sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early for any meals. Be on time and you're sitting at the back.

That's all I can think of at the moment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

LOL thanks Erika, sounds like all good advice..
. And no I mean this will be Rhonda and I 's very first rally ever.
Our Jackson rally was cancelled last year do to the Butte fire.
So we have yet to attend a rally.

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Hey Jerrod, you have got to be one of the "on tour" rigs we all get to go through. With all the great mods you've done you just gotta let us take a peak at the real thing. Posting pictures is nice, but I wanna see :) So get busy cleaning........:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

jbeletti

Hey Jerrod, you have got to be one of the "on tour" rigs we all get to go through. With all the great mods you've done you just gotta let us take a peak at the real thing. Posting pictures is nice, but I wanna see :) So get busy cleaning........:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

Hi Keith! Been following you and Carol on Facebook. Looks like you're having a great time making your way west. Jerrod and Rhonda's rig will be on tour. In fact, they are the coordinators of the Heartlands on Tour event :)

See you in Vegas and Ho Ho Ho :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Keith it's is ready. Rhonda keeps the inside spotless and I try to keep the outside clean with a lot of help from my local truck wash. I'm just hoping I can keep it nice and shiny through the 10hr trip to from here to Vegas. We'll be there Monday night and open house is Tuesday morning.😨
I bought a roll of that carpet contact plastic to put down so people can go inside with there shoe's on. LOL
I've been having a lot of fun doing all of these Mod's and sharing them with all to see on this wonderful forum.
I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done and maybe start a new list of Mod's.
I'm also looking forward to seeing the Titan Disc brake installation as that is very high on my Mod list of upcoming projects.

TravelTiger

You picked a good one to start with!! Have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Keith! Been following you and Carol on Facebook. Looks like you're having a great time making your way west. Jerrod and Rhonda's rig will be on tour. In fact, they are the coordinators of the Heartlands on Tour event :)

See you in Vegas and Ho Ho Ho :)

Should I tell Amy to expect guests or do you have all you need?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Whew... I thought I was going to have to clean mine. Luckily nobody wants to see my six-year-old "classic" Bighorn. :) Trace

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes you and I both know it was probably one of the best models ever made.
Hey you've given me an idea. We should start a classic trailer group. No one allowed in unless your trailer is at least 5 years old. People who truly appreciate the classic design and workmanship of years gone by . :) Trace

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Yes you and I both know it was probably one of the best models ever made.
Hey you've given me an idea. We should start a classic trailer group. No one allowed in unless your trailer is at least 5 years old. People who truly appreciate the classic design and workmanship of years gone by . :) Trace

I think that's a great idea. How about H.C.C.C. Heartland Classic Coach Club. Notice my profile change.