2015 Cyclone 3110 - Observations after 2 years

coxcl75

We purchased our 3110 after a lot of research. The floor plan was the deciding factor at the end of the day. We could not detect significant differences in quality in other brands at a comparable price. That said we purchased the upgraded windows and insulation package. We have encountered the following:

1) There is no insulation in the floor of the garage. It was intended to be living space after the toys are removed, why not insulate and close the underbelly? We have added insulation and are working on the closure.

2) The underbelly that is closed is not rodent proof. I have closed numerous holes in the frame to exclude animals. Our particular problem is red squirrels but mice and other pests are equally problematic. I contacted heartland on this issue and they were not interested in a solution. I believe this is either negligence or laziness on the part of the engineer. These are supposed to be fit for a campground environment.

3) The underbelly cover should absolutely be in sections. Maintenance with the one piece of colorplast is impractical. We are in the process of reworking the underbelly and eliminating the use of spray foam fill. This product should be taken off the manufacturing floor and replaced with workmanship. Lousy fit up is not repaired with foam By the way animals will eat this stuff.

4) The plastic windows on the LCI three season door are poorly thought out. Velcro does not tolerate heat. Sun on the three season door regardless of the outdoor temperature will soften the velcro adhesive and the plastic will fall off the door. We have remanufactured the windows and installed snaps in the frame. This system will last. Our three season door was not correctly installed so the door alignment is off by about 3/4 inch. The appears to be poor workmanship, not an LCI problem.

5) The surround sound system should be usable for normal television viewing and not just for watching a DVD. The AC unit will drown out the television speaker.

6) I would really like to see and option for a work station in the RV. Maybe a shorter couch and a small desk.

7) The paint system on the exposed metal parts needs to be upgraded. My unit is just over two years old and I am already touching up rust on the access stairs and exposed frame.

8) The documentation with the unit is very poor. Many of the illustrations in our manual were out of date. This is really not a hard fix in todays digital environment and would make a world of difference especially for the first time RV owner. Thank goodness for the internet and the owners forum.

9) I paid for the upgraded Goodyear tires and from everything I read this was money well spent.

10) Label the black and gray water valves when you have both in the same compartment.

11) Offer a blackout curtain across the garage door. We like to leave the patio down in nice weather but without a curtain anyone using the garage especially in the evening does not have any privacy. We added a nice curtain with tie backs. Metal track fixed to the ceiling. It seems to work well.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for listening!

Charlie

U2fletch

We just picked up our 2017 3110 so can attest that all the same "features" are present. I 3D printed some nice stick on labels for the gray and black tank valves. I also read in another forum where someone who ordered a 3 season door package received a set of clear, tinted, and blackout curtains to place on the frames! That would have been nice. I will probably sew up a set of blackout curtains myself.

The Boss DVD/stereo has 2 sets of aux inputs so it is a very simple affair to run the TV audio output jacks back to the Boss unit so the garage/outdoor speakers can be used. Last week I had to lift up the loft bunkboard to access wiring to install some LED strip lighting, and I saw how easy it is to run the wires.

Thanks for the heads up on the frame paint, will add that item to my list of things to inspect to avoid rust.

Jeff and Lisa

Last edited:

danemayer

I agree with you on the idea for a sectional coroplast underbelly. I know it would add time and materials/labor expense on the assembly line, but it would make it SOOOO much easier to do maintenance and modifications.

avvidclif

On the blackout curtains. I added an 8' curtain rod right front of the doors and bought some LONG blackout curtains from WM. A tie-back on each side and it works nice. Sewing up replacement panels would be nice but a PITA to change from daytime clear to nighttime blackout, I'm lazy.

pcardoza

Every time I see a post about the entertainment systems that Heartland uses, my blood boils. Our 2014 4100 King had an MSRP of close to $100k. The entertainment system is not worthy of a doll house, never mind a higher end RV.

I went looking on Amazon and found the EXACT complete system there, speakers, amp, sub-woofer, all brand new for $69!!!! Yes, SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!

What an embarrassment for Heartland to install such a POS into their top of the line offering. I haven't even turned it on for the last year and a half (and probably never will!).

5) The surround sound system should be usable for normal television viewing and not just for watching a DVD. The AC unit will drown out the television speaker.

Charlie

alwaysbusy

Every time I see a post about the entertainment systems that Heartland uses, my blood boils. Our 2014 4100 King had an MSRP of close to $100k. The entertainment system is not worthy of a doll house, never mind a higher end RV.

I went looking on Amazon and found the EXACT complete system there, speakers, amp, sub-woofer, all brand new for $69!!!! Yes, SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!

What an embarrassment for Heartland to install such a POS into their top of the line offering. I haven't even turned it on for the last year and a half (and probably never will!).

x3 on the sound system. What a heap. If GM can install Bose systems in a $70k truck, than one would think Heartland could at least put a Bose system in coaches that cost $100k plus. Just saying. Oh snap, sorry, I forgot we all don't own part of Heartland.

alwaysbusy

I mean a quality Bose system. I'm not impressed with the one in it. I have Bose systems in my home and IMO they sound better, maybe due to the speaker layout.

Securityman

I got a 2015 also , 3110 , already cut the chloroplast into 2 sections and remounted , stereo is a joke in the living area , need to replace for my enjoyment . Rust spots on frame , already touching up paint on the under side , black tank sensors replace with different styles . 1st trip my shower was leaking everywhere , they forgot to silicon it . New bathroom sick faucet , one that gets the water far enough into the sink to use !! Lol new g rated tires

We love it still and tows like a dream !