EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Silverlake - 9/7/2017 to 9/11/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are pleased to announce that Curtis Trailers (http://www.curtistrailers.com/) will be sponsoring our 2017 WA chapter rally. They will have two or three new Bighorns on display and are funding the entree for the Saturday night potluck.

We have dealt with Curtis Trailers since buying our first trailer 12 years ago (our 2014 Bighorn is our second purchase from them). We attended several of their seminars and have had almost all of our service performed at their Portland facility. Both the sales staff and service staff have been great to work with. So, we are pleased that they are the sponsor for this rally.

We will update the first post in this thread in a couple of weeks, after we have spent 3 more days at Silver Cove. We will get tee times at Lewis River Golf Course for either Thursday or Friday as well as checking out more local restaurants and local attractions.

RenoJim

We are pleased to announce that Curtis Trailers (http://www.curtistrailers.com/) will be sponsoring our 2017 WA chapter rally. They will have two or three new Bighorns on display and are funding the entree for the Saturday night potluck.

We have dealt with Curtis Trailers since buying our first trailer 12 years ago (our 2014 Bighorn is our second purchase from them). We attended several of their seminars and have had almost all of our service performed at their Portland facility. Both the sales staff and service staff have been great to work with. So, we are pleased that they are the sponsor for this rally.

We will update the first post in this thread in a couple of weeks, after we have spent 3 more days at Silver Cove. We will get tee times at Lewis River Golf Course for either Thursday or Friday as well as checking out more local restaurants and local attractions.

Thats is great news, we also purchased our '17 Bighorn 3760EL at Curtis Trailers last August.

Grampafish

We just visited Silver Cove for a few days, met with Manya Oleson (group and event coordinator for the resort) and saw the newly completed lodge. It has an outdoor barbeque and smoker. They were building the outdoor pizza oven as we left. We plan to take full advantage of all the facilities and equipment, having a meet and greet on Thursday evening, a build-your-own pizza night on Friday and barbequing or smoking steak and chicken for the pot-luck entree on Saturday.

We will have a raffle on Saturday night after the dinner. Those of you who wish, please bring an item to be raffled valued in the 15 to 20 dollar range.

Those of you interested in golf, please let us know so that we can reserve an adequate number of tee times. Lewis River Golf Course (http://www.lewisrivergolf.com/) is a beautiful course about 40 minutes away from the resort. We will contact Lewis River Golf Course on August 24 (earliest time to call) to get tee times for Thursday the 7th.

We're getting excited to kick off the Fall rally season for the West Coast.

RenoJim

We just visited Silver Cove for a few days, met with Manya Oleson (group and event coordinator for the resort) and saw the newly completed lodge. It has an outdoor barbeque and smoker. They were building the outdoor pizza oven as we left. We plan to take full advantage of all the facilities and equipment, having a meet and greet on Thursday evening, a build-your-own pizza night on Friday and barbequing or smoking steak and chicken for the pot-luck entree on Saturday.

We will have a raffle on Saturday night after the dinner. Those of you who wish, please bring an item to be raffled valued in the 15 to 20 dollar range.

Those of you interested in golf, please let us know so that we can reserve an adequate number of tee times. Lewis River Golf Course (http://www.lewisrivergolf.com/) is a beautiful course about 40 minutes away from the resort. We will contact Lewis River Golf Course on August 24 (earliest time to call) to get tee times for Thursday the 7th.

We're getting excited to kick off the Fall rally season for the West Coast.

WooHoo sounds exciting, can't wait!!! We'll be there on the 4th.

paulh

Hi Doug & Doris !!

Please sign us both up for golf. The rally details on Post #1 shows golf is scheduled for Friday, the 8th, but your latest post says Thursday, the 7th. We would prefer Friday if it makes any difference. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Thanks Doug and Doris

We were able get site 104: Arriving September 7 and Departing September 11.

See You Then

Tom and Lorraine

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Thanks Doug and Doris

We were able get site 104: Arriving September 7 and Departing September 11.

See You Then

Tom and Lorraine

Wooo Hooo!!! We have dignitaries coming to the rally!! The Mr. and Mrs. Mayor of Jackson!! :p

Rod

Grampafish

We were happy to find out that Tom and Lorraine are able to come, after all. That means we will have a bass fishing guru on site for anyone who'd like to know more. Silver Lake is the premier bass fishing destination in the west side of Washington and Tom was a tournament fisherman back in the day.

So far, we have heard from Mike Bromley, Sonja Nisson and Paula & Candy Hardt for golf. With John Kramer (unless he's ill or has something broken) and Doug that will make 6. We have plenty of room for more and there is no requirement that you play well. The first post in this thread is correct as far as the date (thank you Paul). We will try to get early tee times (nine-ish)at Lewis River for Friday, 9/8. They only allow scheduling two weeks in advance so we won't be sure about time until the end of next week. There is also an excellent course in Longview (Mint Valley) and that will be our backup plan. We will be playing Friday morning!

jdfishing

Yes, I am in for golf. Nothing broken at this time, but dog a-- tired. I've got to stop trying to keep up with people half my age. Spent the last week up in the Sierra's 4 wheeling with Cal 4 wheel drive. Tent camping about did me in.

jdfishing

We were happy to find out that Tom and Lorraine are able to come, after all. That means we will have a bass fishing guru on site for anyone who'd like to know more. Silver Lake is the premier bass fishing destination in the west side of Washington and Tom was a tournament fisherman back in the day.

So far, we have heard from Mike Bromley, Sonja Nisson and Paula & Candy Hardt for golf. With John Kramer (unless he's ill or has something broken) and Doug that will make 6. We have plenty of room for more and there is no requirement that you play well. The first post in this thread is correct as far as the date (thank you Paul). We will try to get early tee times (nine-ish)at Lewis River for Friday, 9/8. They only allow scheduling two weeks in advance so we won't be sure about time until the end of next week. There is also an excellent course in Longview (Mint Valley) and that will be our backup plan. We will be playing Friday morning!

Doug: I think Tom Chinn is interested in golf. I sent him a message about it.

Grampafish

We're sad to report that Paul and Candy Hardt have had to cancel. We'll miss them at Silver Cove but look forward to seeing them at a future rally.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well.... I was retired. There has been a last minute resignation that leaves my friend who happens to be the principal in a real bind. I agreed to go back and substitute for several weeks while she tries to find a good math teacher to fill the vacancy. At least I will be subbing in my old position until that happens.

The bad bad part is that we can't do this rally. I need to be at school for the first week so we have to cancel this. I told them I would not cancel out of the regional so we will see you there.

Kristy
PS I must be insane!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Well.... I was retired. There has been a last minute resignation that leaves my friend who happens to be the principal in a real bind. I agreed to go back and substitute for several weeks while she tries to find a good math teacher to fill the vacancy. At least I will be subbing in my old position until that happens.

The bad bad part is that we can't do this rally. I need to be at school for the first week so we have to cancel this. I told them I would not cancel out of the regional so we will see you there.

Kristy
PS I must be insane!

Sorry to hear that you have to go back to work and that you won't be able to make the Washington Rally. We are super happy that you do not have to cancel out of our Regional Rally. Miss you guys!!

Rod

Grampafish

So glad that we will still see Mark and Kristy in Canyonville but it's a bummer they have to miss this rally!

- - - Updated - - -

We heard from Curtis Trailers the yesterday and they are planning to bring three new Bighorns and a salesman who will be joining us through the weekend. They are also sending a technician who will be able to perform minor fixes for us!!! Think about what little things have been bothering you and sign up during registration to have them looked at.

We are hopeful that they will be able to join us for dinner and Friday and Saturday, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.