Waxing my new Augusta

beardedone

Beardedone
Some day when I am not such a busy retiree I would like to wax the new trailer. It has been mentioned that the decals should not be waxed as it leads to their deterioriation. The Landmarks have some paint and (I understand) some decals. How do you tell the difference as each area seems to have a bit of lip and therefore not identifiable. Comments?

jbeletti

Gerry,

I believe the lower area and strips are painted and the upper stripes and large surfaces are decals.

Look for seams/splices (overlaps) in the decals potentially help to identify where they begin and the painted ones end.

Cooper

I wax my decals and everything why would it hurt to wax decals? I grew up around body shops and still do a few repairs and have never heard of not putting wax on decals. The decals on my Golden Gate look just fine and they have lots of wax on the and they are not peeling.:confused:
I have a friend with a Golden Gate and his are peeling of course he does not wax his coach.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have watched some folks having their RV washed and the person was using a pressure washer. When I got my Bighorn I had it washed at an RV park in TX. The man and his wife were doing this as a business. It took him a while and he did a great job. He told me one thing. Never let anyone use a pressure washer on the trailer. It will loosen the graphics. He also said to always wax the front and back caps when I wash it. Keep the roof clean to help stop black streaking.

It takes quite a long time to wash and wax our RV's and many places will not let you use a hose in the campground. I met a number of RVers that are using a product called Dri Wash which is waterless. I did not believe that it worked and it is not cheap. While at a campground I met a guy that was using Dri Wash. He was really sold on it.
I tried it and have so far like it. I do a little bit at a time. It might take me a week to do the entire RV but it really seems to work.

I do not work for or sell Dri Wash. Only contact I with those that sell it is when I place an order. If your intrested you might take a look at this web page..

http://www.ezcleanandshine.com/products.htm

Hope this is helpful.
BC

BluegrassMan

I have used Dri Wash exclusively on my GC since new. Black streaks wipe right off, bugs on the front cap come off VERY easily with just water and my RV brush. That's all I use on my bike as well. The NEW version is called ULTRA ION, I have switched over to that now. It is supposed to repel dust better, I can't tell on the RV but I can see a difference with my bike sitting in the garage.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have used Dri Wash exclusively on my GC since new. Black streaks wipe right off, bugs on the front cap come off VERY easily with just water and my RV brush. That's all I use on my bike as well. The NEW version is called ULTRA ION, I have switched over to that now. It is supposed to repel dust better, I can't tell on the RV but I can see a difference with my bike sitting in the garage.

So, how many 16oz bottles does it take to do your Golden Gate? And how long does a good cleaning usually last?
Thanks
Fred

TXBobcat

Fulltime
As I have heard from some that use it all the time, they do a section every so often. Most of us are getting old enough that to do the full RV at one time would cause us some extream discomfort.. :D

BC

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
everyone seems to laugh at us but when we head out we spray PAM on the front cap and the nose of the truck and the bugs will come off with a dry rag or a garden hose. WONDERFUL especially when headed south.