ATF: Landmark - Electric outlet not working

TheWolfes

Our refridgerator is not working when plugged into the outlet that also allows it to run on inverter. We have an extention cord plugged into an under the counter outlet in order for it to run on electric.

Additionally, the water pump is not working properly. We turn it on and it runs but it keeps getting louder and louder. We have 2/3 water in tank and checked for leaks.

I appreciate your advice on what we need to do to resolve these matters.

Thank you,
The Wolfes

richheck

Seasoned Member
I have a 2017 LM 365 Arlington and had to replace the Anderson 4 way valve today. When not connected to city water, placing the valve in the normal position the pump would not build enough pressure to shut off. By changing the valve to the "City" position ( pointer down) the pump would run corral you. Called Heartland service and discussed the situation telling them I felt the valve was faulty allowing air to be sucked into te system in the normal position. The one day aired me the new valve and I installed it today. Now all works correctly. Try running the pump in the city potion, it should work. If so, contact Heartland foe. New valve if still under warranty, if not purchase a rebuild kit to correct your problem.

As as far as the refer issue, check your breakers, does the refer run using the inverter?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link if you need to order a rebuild kit for the valve

http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

i ordered on just in case. Very easy to do, you do not have to remove the valve from the UDC.

your refer runs on a separate circuit, it is controlled by a transfer switch that controls the 110 circuit between the shore power on the inverter, see page nine of the following link for further viewing

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org...nd Tips/Residential Refrigerator Guide V1.pdf

Keep us informed please

TheWolfes

Refer use to run on inverter. We noticed that it would run until we put the slide in all the way. It would stay on until just before the slide sealed then it would go off. We could get it to run again by putting the slide out just a bit. However, now the outlet is not working on inverter or when plugged in to shore power. We now have an extention cord plugged into the fridge from the under the counter outlet.
We did check the breaker and it was not tripped.

Again, thank you.
The Wolfes
2016 LandMark 375 - Newport

richheck

Seasoned Member
Is the 110 plug accessable, not uncommon for a wire to come loose in these RV recepticles. Being it quits upon closure of the slide I suspect a wire being pulled by the slide. Have you gone under the slide to see if any cables are getting caught by anything to cause this? After viewing your reply I feel the inverter and transfer switch are OK being the slide movement is triggering the issue.

TheWolfes

We have checked under the slide and no wires are accessable. 110 plug is accessable but we know nothing about electricity.

richheck

Seasoned Member
My assumption is a pulled wire, these 110 recepticle son are usually the push the wire in type and are known to pull out. Being you are not that comfortable with working with 110 vet power I would suggest having a certified electrician check things out for you if not close to home. Are you close to your servicing dealer, if so that may be the best place to go being you should still be under warranty.

Trouble is if on the road your refer will not be operating, hopefully you will be making shor trips so you can jump the refer with normal shore power. Could also be pulled or loose wire in one of the junction boxes under the slide, usually running above the frame rails under the slide.

TheWolfes

Our refridgerator is not working when plugged into the outlet that also allows it to run on inverter. We have an extention cord plugged into an under the counter outlet in order for it to run on electric.

Additionally, the water pump is not working properly. We turn it on and it runs but it keeps getting louder and louder. We have 2/3 water in tank and checked for leaks.

I appreciate your advice on what we need to do to resolve these matters.

Thank you,
The Wolfes

We were contacted by the factory and got permission to have the electrical outlet repaired by a mobile rv company. It was actually the main wiring going into fridge was cut to short by the manufacturer. When we slid slide in and out it peeled the rubber off the electrical cord causing it to short out.
We want to thank the factory for such quick action on our behalf. It could have turned into a deadly situation.
Addtionally, we went to rv store and got the part for free that we needed to fix the pump. Husband, Jim, repaired it in minutes.
We appreciate you standing behind your product and we're proud to recommend HeartLand to anyone looking for a great product.
Again, Thank You.

Jim and Pamela Wolfe
Proud owners of a 2016 LandMark 365 Newport