2017 Landmark Model Change Introduction

jbeletti

Hello Landmark lovers,

Andy Wesdorp, Landmark GM has asked me to post the attached PDF for all to see. The document details the upcoming Landmark Model Change.

This is not a "model year" change - that happens in the spring. This is the traditional product change that occurs ahead of the Hershey RV Show and the Elkhart Dealer Open House.

The document is written for dealers but there is much to be learned from it by retail buyers as well - hence, we wanted to share it with you now.

I know this document will generate many questions. I won't have many answers but Andy will check in on this thread as often as he can.

Attachments

• Landmark Model Change Introduction to Dealers.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 761

danemayer

This is not a "model year" change - that happens in the spring. This is the traditional product change that occurs ahead of the Hershey RV Show and the Elkhart Dealer Open House.
So these changes will start to show up in mid-2017 models this Fall? All floor plans except where noted.

Bones

I like a lot of the features that have been added. It brings the unit up to date. I didn't see the flying lion listed.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Heartland stepping up their game. Nice

They have also stepped back there game !!!! This is supposed to be a less expensive price point Landmark. I do see a few cut backs but not many. Like no slam latches on the Gen compartment, Outside TV in the basement, Gas cook top, which we like much better then the Induction BTW.
Love that TV & fireplace in the bedroom. I wonder what else they have cut ?

Cholo

So these changes will start to show up in mid-2017 models this Fall? All floor plans except where noted.

I ordered our Newport and it goes into production on 09/09/16. I was told anything after 08/19, (not sure if this was the exact date), would have these changes. I was sworn to secrecy! I like most of these changes, but am really concerned about how these changes are passed on to the buyers and/or dealers. I found out about some of these changes by "chatting" with a sales rep on the Heartland website. Can't remember the first question I asked but, his answer was different than what the website had. I asked for clarification and he made the statement, "all 2017's will have this feature". After digging more, I finally received the "change sheet" that my dealer had not even read yet. He had ordered another unit and din't know whether or not his would have these changes as well. My point to this rant is, had if we had ordered our Newport at the time I was ready, (we waited until these changes were finalized), we would have been expecting a trailer with all the colors and details shown on the Heartland website, my dealers website and all other sites and brochures. I know changes are a regular thing that happens but, these changes are far from regular.

End of rant.

- - - Updated - - -

They have also stepped back there game !!!! This is supposed to be a less expensive price point Landmark. I do see a few cut backs but not many. Like no slam latches on the Gen compartment, Outside TV in the basement, Gas cook top, which we like much better then the Induction BTW.
Love that TV & fireplace in the bedroom. I wonder what else they have cut ?

Biggie for us: no more Goodyear tires!!
Also, when you look at the prices, there may be a cost saving for them but the new Landmark is going to cost the customer more than the old one did!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think we bought our Landmark 365 Ashland at the perfect time. We always say when the time is right it will happen, And that it did. If we would have done it sooner we would not have ended up with the new updated 365 version and any later we would not be able to get the Ashland which for the two of us is the perfect floor plan. So for now I feel we have the best of the best, In that price point anyway. Of coarse that is only my opinion....

aRAYwego

Hmmmmm Ya'll are gonna force me to buy another home. I like all the changes. Curious what the MSRP will be.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
One thing I did't see in the spec sheet is whether or not one of the options is a gas oven. I notice they have a dishwasher options, but just wondering about an oven?? Andy??

Cholo

One thing I did't see in the spec sheet is whether or not one of the options is a gas oven. I notice they have a dishwasher options, but just wondering about an oven?? Andy??

There is a "Gourmet Oven " on the order sheet. I asked and was told it was the Furrion brand.

AWesdorp

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the positive feedback so far on the changes. When the first one of these prototypes was completed earlier this summer and we did our corporate walk through, people were giving high fives and celebrating with the results of many peoples' efforts to develop this years' Landmark. I'm excited to get them to dealers' lots and then campgrounds and RV resorts this month.

A few quick answers/thoughts:
--The oven and cooktop are awesome. Auto ignition, 3 burners, attractive stove top and oven versus the conventional RV oven, etc. Oven will remain an option, Convection micro and 3-burner cooktop will be standard. Induction cooktop also optional.
--Jim B. will be posting the MSRP sheet later today (done - link) for those of you wanting to see all the new options. Many of last year's popular options are now standards, FYI.
--Here is a pic I took Friday afternoon of the new Black/Silver paint. My favorite of the new 3 paint choices.

Black and Silver paint.JPG

--All of the changes listed in Jim's post are online now. The initial units have returned from the paint shop and are shipping. For those of you attending Hershey show, you'll see the new Charleston, Oshkosh and Newport. For those of you going to the Vegas rally, you'll see the Charleston, the Newport, and hopefully me.
--Now is the time to get a great deal on a 2016 or 2017 stock unit with all dealers before they start landing new units.
--Flyin' Lion is a thing of the past. It was fun but we just didn't paint enough to keep updating the scheme. Maybe in the future we'll revisit.
--I'm very excited about the new product. I was psyched 2.5 years ago when I saw the first 365 get built but this new product has taken me to the next level of excitement!
--Your feedback is valued, respected be it good or bad, and encouraged!

Have a great short week everyone; we're gradually taking pics of the new units and will get them posted on the website as they get finished.
Thanks,
Andy Wesdorp
Landmark, Road Warrior and Edge GM

Last edited by a moderator:

Cholo

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the positive feedback so far on the changes. When the first one of these prototypes was completed earlier this summer and we did our corporate walk through, people were giving high fives and celebrating with the results of many peoples' efforts to develop this years' Landmark. I'm excited to get them to dealers' lots and then campgrounds and RV resorts this month.

A few quick answers/thoughts:
--The oven and cooktop are awesome. Auto ignition, 3 burners, attractive stove top and oven versus the conventional RV oven, etc. Oven will remain an option, Convection micro and 3-burner cooktop will be standard. Induction cooktop also optional.
--Jim B. will be posting the MSRP sheet later today for those of you wanting to see all the new options. Many of last year's popular options are now standards, FYI.
--Here is a pic I took Friday afternoon of the new Black/Silver paint. My favorite of the new 3 paint choices.

View attachment 47518

--All of the changes listed in Jim's post are online now. The initial units have returned from the paint shop and are shipping. For those of you attending Hershey show, you'll see the new Charleston, Oshkosh and Newport. For those of you going to the Vegas rally, you'll see the Charleston, the Newport, and hopefully me.
--Now is the time to get a great deal on a 2016 or 2017 stock unit with all dealers before they start landing new units.
--Flyin' Lion is a thing of the past. It was fun but we just didn't paint enough to keep updating the scheme. Maybe in the future we'll revisit.
--I'm very excited about the new product. I was psyched 2.5 years ago when I saw the first 365 get built but this new product has taken me to the next level of excitement!
--Your feedback is valued, respected be it good or bad, and encouraged!

Have a great short week everyone; we're gradually taking pics of the new units and will get them posted on the website as they get finished.
Thanks,
Andy Wesdorp
Landmark, Road Warrior and Edge GM

Thanks for the update Andy.

If I may, I have a question: Looks like the new Qshkosh is coming with a fiberglass roof, right? If so, Will my Newport going on line on the 9th have it also?

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Andy,we just picked up our new 2017 Orlando.Even though we do not have the latest updates ,we love our unit.Your crew did a great job.Everything looks great and we thank you for making the best unit out there. We look forward to showing it off at the rally in Chattanooga in a couple of weeks. Frank Sandidge

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Andy, I notice on the new build sheet Jim posted there is a gormet oven vs a full oven/cook top. There's only a $1.00 price difference. What is the difference between these two units?

rvmckee

Love all of the new changes. It now really looks like a high-end 5th wheel! Especially love the new sink and the gas stovetop. Did love the counter behind the dining table, but picture did not show what it looks like now so will have to wait to see what it looks like now. Love wainscoting, so I'm sure it will look great! Can't wait to see all the models with the new changes. Great job!!