Installing new Entry Door in my Prowler Travel Trailer

So a while back I posted a thread about waiting for quotes from RV Dealer: https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...s-quot-normal-quot-to-wait-for-a-repair-quote

Anyhow, I took everyone's advice and ordered the door directly from Heartland... it arrived today! I also watched a step by step "how to replace trailer entry door" video on YouTube and I can totally do this by myself, I mean heck I completely assembled a kayak trailer from a kit last weekend all by myself.

Before I get started, I wanted to make sure I have everything I need. So I have the door (door on frame including screen) and now I'm getting ready to order the other stuff I need from Amazon. Here's what I'm getting:

1. Dicor BT-1834-1 1/8" x 3/4" x 30' Butyl Seal Tape
2. Pro Flex Super Flexible Elastomeric Sealant Acrylic Clear (to caulk the door)

I already have tools and alcohol (for degreasing).... so my questions are:

1. Am I ordering the right things above?
2. Is there anything else I might need before I begin?

Any and all advice is appreciated :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might need some mineral spirits and rags for cleaning off old butyl caulk as well as at least one plastic putty knife, and maybe some extra screws.

Peace
Dave

You might need some mineral spirits and rags for cleaning off old butyl caulk as well as at least one plastic putty knife, and maybe some extra screws.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the input. I just happen to have all of that in my garage... looks like I'm set.

Thanks again :)

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey sounds like a good project. If you don't mind, please take a few pictures and post them back to this thread. I am sure others would like to see what is involved