New to the heartland family. Proud owner of 2017 North Trail 24BHS

Hey there guys, new member and owner here. Purchased a 2017 North Trail 24BHS. Will pick it up next week since they are getting it ready and also installing a power tongue jack. Any advise on whether or not to get a weight distribution hitch? What is the biggest size TV we can put in?

Thanks,
Steven

jimtoo

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes for the weight distribution hitch. It will make the ride and control better. I'm sure you will get more suggestions soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family and the forum. Do spend a lot of time going over your new home before pulling it off the lot. Some folks call it a pdi (pre-delivery inspection). Ask all kinds of questions, open drawers, ask "what this switch is for", how do I change the hot water heater from electric to propane, etc, etc, etc. By taking your time and understand all about the camper will help you later on down the road. Enjoy, be safe and happy travels.

tott9713

I would 100% recommend the weight distribution hitch. I got one for my Ram 1500 / 2016 Prowler Lynx 272LX setup and wouldn't even consider pulling without it after our first trip. Your new purchase is similar in length / weight as our Prowler.

Not sure on the TV part but if everything else is on par...it would probably be around a 32"

WALK THE ROOF..especially if that unit has sat on the lot for a while....it wouldve saved me a head ache.