SOLVED: No hot water 2016 cyclone 4200

Noahp45

Can someone help me figure out how to get hot water to come out the faucets. I'm hooked up at a camp site and I waited until the water tanks filled I turned on the electric switch for the water heater. Waited a stand still no hot water. Checked out side under the bedroom slide out and checked the water pressure relief valve and the water is hot. What am missing? Water valve is set to city

jimtoo

Re: No hot water 2016 cyclone 4200

Check the valves on the water heater. It must be in the bypass mode.

Jim M

Noahp45

Jim, how do I do that? The water heater is under the Trailer correct?

How do I take it out of bypass mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Not sure on the Cyclone where the water heater is, but you should be able to get to the back side of the w/h where you will find the bypass valves.

Hope fully another Cyclone owner will jump in with better info for you.

Jim M

Noahp45

Thank you so much I was lost I found it in the basement. I was wandering could I burn the heating element up by having the heating switch on and the bypass valve off? It's working now no problems but it's making me think. Or does the water go into the hot water heater and the bypass valve makes the water go to the trailer?

jimtoo

Yes, you will burn up the electric element if the heater is not filled with water and it only takes a few seconds. So always run your hot water faucets first to make sure the air is out of the heater before turning it on. If your getting hot water now, sounds like you may have been lucky and the heater had water in it.

Jim M

danemayer

Thank you so much I was lost I found it in the basement. I was wandering could I burn the heating element up by having the heating switch on and the bypass valve off? It's working now no problems but it's making me think. Or does the water go into the hot water heater and the bypass valve makes the water go to the trailer?
If the water heater had been empty, and in bypass mode, you would have burned up the heating element. But since you had hot water at the temp/pressure relief valve, you must have had water in the water heater despite being in bypass mode.

In bypass mode, cold water goes around the heater instead of going into it.

wdk450

The water heater bypass valve is needed as part of anti-freeze winterization protection of the rig. Since I see you are a Californian like me, you will probably never have to winterize your rig (unless you live up in the mountains). Winterizing is needed for prolonged temperatures below about 20 degrees.

The rigs are usually winterized when sent from Heartland.

Noahp45

Can someone help me figure out how to get hot water to come out the faucets. I'm hooked up at a camp site and I waited until the water tanks filled I turned on the electric switch for the water heater. Waited a stand still no hot water. Checked out side under the bedroom slide out and checked the water pressure relief valve and the water is hot. What am missing? Water valve is set to city

Thank you so much everyone. I do appreciate all of the replies