Just ordered a set of snap pads

gandmrv

I just ordered a.set of these off amazon for my 2016 365 key west..hoping they will help with the annoying popping/settling noise the level up system has made from day one.. I have added the "torco" additive to the hydraulic oil that lippert recommends, but it hasn't really helped much..hope these help..we are almost "full timers", 9-11 months a year..

SNOKING

I just ordered a.set of these off amazon for my 2016 365 key west..hoping they will help with the annoying popping/settling noise the level up system has made from day one.. I have added the "torco" additive to the hydraulic oil that lippert recommends, but it hasn't really helped much..hope these help..we are almost "full timers", 9-11 months a year..

Did not do a second quart? Instructions say that if one does not fix it to do the service again with a second quart. Chris

gandmrv

I received a pm to provide link to where I found them on amazon..I just opened.amazon app on my phone, and in "search" box typed "rv snap pad" hit enter and boom, there they were..lol..hope that helps

- - - Updated - - -

No, didn't do 2nd quart, didn't see that in the lippert memo, but will get another quart and do that, thanks!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had the torco oil added at one of the Goshen rallies a few years ago and still had popping. I began using blocks to shorten the legs which removed much more of the popping noise but when I added the Snap Pads, it is all gone! I don't have any popping now!

gandmrv

That's encourageING to hear jayc, hope it makes the difference for us as well,, seems to have gotten worse since Temps have been cooler at night..thanks

Mburtsvt

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but this is a response I got from Lippert on the popping issue....

Good evening Michael I am not sure if you had issues with this concern of popping Jacks in the past but Lippert does not necessarily deny assistance if the addictive is needed. The system is working as designed however sometimes that popping can be air, or what we have seen is possible change of weather or climate can cause this. So it is not technically a defect, and nothing physically needs to be replaced, just added to assist with the concern.If a customer contacts us and expresses that they would like assistance with reimbursement of the fluid cost we would certainly be willing to work with them. Hope this helps clear a few things up for you Emily Stahley Technical Coordinator Customer Support Services Lippert Components

Good to know....

jbeletti

Here's the Amazon link gandmrv spoke of ($159.95 Prime for 6 ea Xtra).

And here's a link to the same product directly from Origen ($149.95).

Nice to have two channels for purchasing. I can't speak for Origen but other vendors I know that also sell through Amazon, do charge a bit more as their is a cost of doing business through that sales channel.

rxbristol

I had the torco oil added at one of the Goshen rallies a few years ago and still had popping. I began using blocks to shorten the legs which removed much more of the popping noise but when I added the Snap Pads, it is all gone! I don't have any popping now!

I also added the CAT fluid which did not eliminate the popping, but upon using blocks that are six inches tall it eliminated all the popping.

gandmrv

UPDATE; I received my new "snap pads" Thursday. Wife went to store this morning so I decided to make use of my alone time and install them on my 5ver. It was a snap (pun intended). You just have to be sure to take your time and get them centered perfectlyou. They fit perfect, look great, and no popping, (so far), it's only been about 8 hours. I took all my boards out from under the Jacks, just put them down directly on concrete. This will make set up and breaking down a little less work. Will report again in a week or so..but so far so good